Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I think the leadership vote will just be caucus. Rudd only announced that other idea 6 weeks ago, with the elction happeneing don't know if anyone got around to implementing it.

No it was implemented...the circus is about to start. The ALP may not have a leader for over 2 months. Richo is predicting it could be longer. It is a hilarious change that has basically ####ed the ALP lol. What will happen if the party faithfaul back one and the caucus backs the other? Surely they will listen to the people right?

This could become a live action Monty Python!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Okay, so we have a duel between Shorten and Albanese.

Which would be the better leader?

For my money, Shorten gives the impression he is more inclined to listen to the question, then answer it as honestly as he can. Albanese comes across as a nasty little prick who will spin every possible concoction to ignore the facts.

Shorten to win, hopefully, because I think he just might lead Labor down a less union-based path, despite his background. I couldn't trust Albanese to cross the road without his book of spin and denial.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Tony Abbott's woman problem migrates to his ministry

I am confused, why do we put sex over the best person for the job? If a party does not have women good enough for a job, why should we give a **** that not many are selected? The ALP picked Gillard, look what that did selecting someone unfit for a job.

It would be so nice to move past this PC bullshit and start having people selected on skills without fear of reprisal from the do gooder community.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Tony Abbott's woman problem migrates to his ministry

I am confused, why do we put sex over the best person for the job? If a party does not have women good enough for a job, why should we give a **** that not many are selected? The ALP picked Gillard, look what that did selecting someone unfit for a job.

It would be so nice to move past this PC bullshit and start having people selected on skills without fear of reprisal from the do gooder community.

cannot agree more about the political correctness Minux.
it shouldn't matter who is there.
so long as they're doing the best job and are the best person in their position

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
goes to show how much trust you place in your daughter.it shouldn't matter what school she attended if she really wanted to learn she would be in that 80% who regularly attend or you may pay your exorbitant fees and your child may fall into that 2% who doesn't attend regularly what happens if your kid turns out to be naturally stupid and you throw them into that environment?
would that be akin to child abuse?

It has nothing to do with trust. It is about giving her the best learning environment we can and minimising distractions. As for attendance rates she has missed 4 days of school in 2 years, 2 days for illness, 2 days for funerals. Truancy is not an issue at her school, parents must call the school by 9.30 am to advise if their child will be absent, if they don't the school will call them and the child will be in all sorts of strife they were wagging, afternoon detentions for 2 weeks and a swift kick up the arse from parents who will not tolerate truancy. The exorbitant fees are not a concern, we think of it as an investment. As for kids turning out stupid that is not a concern either, we went from public primary to private high, daughter had already sat 2 Naplan exams ranking much higher than her peers, placed well in competitive exams, picked up major academic awards and selected for OC placement. Even if she was stupid I would still choose the private school and it would not be akin to child abuse because they have support in place for 'stupid' kids they help them learn giving them learning intervention rather than letting them be think they are stupid and running amok taking away everyone else's learning time.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Agree wholeheartedly, I have always hated quotas. It should be best person for the job, not best woman, best man best Aboriginal etc.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
We don`t seem to have many of them lol.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
i wonder what would have happened if the Coalition had have had Turnbull to become the prime minister instead of Abbott.
i would say, Labor would have been blown out of the water even more.
I would have voted for him instead of the sex party.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I would have voted for him instead of the sex party.
This is why I wish we didn't have compulsory voting.
Your voting for the party, not the man.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
This is why I wish we didn't have compulsory voting.
Your voting for the party, not the man.

Yeah the policies do not change which is why I get confused when dip shits tell me they "voted for Kevin Rudd". I mean seriously, is our population that dumb?

I find it fascinating that someone can claim they voted for the sex party but had the coalition been led by Turnbull they would vote for them...the 2 parties policies are not even remotely close lol. Sex party is all for drugs, same sex marriage, voluntary euthanasia, abortion, abolition of sex work laws...the list goes on.