Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Our local ALP candidate was that invisible on the HTV sheet they had a picture of Kevin Rudd as well. Not sure if that was such a good idea for them!

However, the party leader is essentially the figure head of said party, and I guess would have some 'special' say in party policy? With electioneering much of it is about image and reputation. Some parts of general public at times seems to struggle with attempting critical thought beyond what is marketed to them.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
This is why I wish we didn't have compulsory voting.
Your voting for the party, not the man.
Its called a vote, and the right of the individuals choice of selection no matter their process of thinking. Minux, everyone knows you select the party and your local mp, not everyones as thick as your acquaintance.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Its called a vote, and the right of the individuals choice of selection no matter their process of thinking. Minux, everyone knows you select the party and your local mp, not everyones as thick as your acquaintance.
Or their lack of thinking?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Or their lack of thinking?
Id be happy not questioning peoples choices when voting, unless it were a DONKEY vote. Be more concerned at the lack of thinking behind the decisions to vote either major party. Both were poor, both offered poor candidates. Labor party, plenty of ideas with no one capable of running them. Liberal party, plenty of people capable of implementing plans although, they have none. Why donkey vote, why vote greens, independents or palmer!. When its all said and done my vote ...Was decided for me. And at the end of the day, i made my decision, they made theirs ..done!.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I get confused when dip shits tell me they "voted for Kevin Rudd". I mean seriously, is our population that dumb?

Yes, Minux, some of the population really are that dumb. How often do you hear that someone normally votes for "X" party but they are changing this time round because they don't like the leader? How often do you hear ignorant people, who have absolutely no interest in politics, complain about the effort involved in voting? This forum has many members who obviously take politics pretty seriously, regardless of which side of the fence they are on but there are also plenty of dipshits who make idiotic statements that give their game away.

I have to admit that Abbott has already started to win me over as PM with his performance during and since the election. I thought his victory speech was humble and dignified. totally lacking in the self indulgence to which Rudd descended. Abbott's frugal approach to accommodation whilst the Lodge is being overhauled shows a person who is prepared to go without the prerequisite luxuries of office, including the cost of security which is vital for a national leader, says a lot about his willingness to practice what he preaches. Somehow, I just can't imagine Kevvie doing the same thing given the circumstances.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Yes, Minux, some of the population really are that dumb. How often do you hear that someone normally votes for "X" party but they are changing this time round because they don't like the leader? How often do you hear ignorant people, who have absolutely no interest in politics, complain about the effort involved in voting? This forum has many members who obviously take politics pretty seriously, regardless of which side of the fence they are on but there are also plenty of dipshits who make idiotic statements that give their game away.

I have to admit that Abbott has already started to win me over as PM with his performance during and since the election. I thought his victory speech was humble and dignified. totally lacking in the self indulgence to which Rudd descended. Abbott's frugal approach to accommodation whilst the Lodge is being overhauled shows a person who is prepared to go without the prerequisite luxuries of office, including the cost of security which is vital for a national leader, says a lot about his willingness to practice what he preaches. Somehow, I just can't imagine Kevvie doing the same thing given the circumstances.

I remember that Howard looked anything but prime ministerial in opposition. I think it's a role that you don't know how anybody will preform till they are actually in the job. Weather you like his politics or not, I think most agree that Howard carried himself very well in the job. Rudd always looked good whilst delivering a speech and was pretty convincing no matter the crap he was trying to promote. Gillard just never got it.

So far Abbott has shown positive signs but I think it'll take a good 6 months to know for sure if he'll make it.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Yeah the policies do not change which is why I get confused when dip shits tell me they "voted for Kevin Rudd". I mean seriously, is our population that dumb?

same could be said about tony abbott

I find it fascinating that someone can claim they voted for the sex party but had the coalition been led by Turnbull they would vote for them...the 2 parties policies are not even remotely close lol. Sex party is all for drugs, same sex marriage, voluntary euthanasia, abortion, abolition of sex work laws...the list goes on.

what is so fascinating?
if you don't like the leader of a party then chances are you are not going to vote for that party regardless of policies
if you like the leader there is more chance you are going to vote for that party

not really that difficult to comprehend