Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Our biggest mistake was voting Howard out.

Well, realistically, would he still be in charge if his party had won in 2007, 10 and 13? Probably not as he would have retired well before now. But if he hadn't been so arrogant in the manner in which he introduced Workchoices, he might not have lost in 2007.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
But if he hadn't been so arrogant in the manner in which he introduced Workchoices, he might not have lost in 2007.

Indeed! A very VERY good program with exceptionally poor delivery/communication. And he did get far too arrogant towards the end. Perhaps as he was getting old and knew deep down he didn't have another full term in him. He should have handed the reigns professionally and officially to Peter Costello before going to the 2007 election. Peter Costello could have wiped the floor with the "Kevin07" garbage!

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
To boot, the government's biggest promise was to fix the budget and economy - under the Abbott/Hockey reign this was only getting worse.

WTF?!?! Are you for real with that statement? Things are FAR FAR better than they were under Rudd/Gillard. The issues the libs face are trying to make improvements when the outgoing morons from the ALP legislated that things couldn't be fixed as quickly as the Libs would have had they been able to. I.e. they implemented "economic time bombs" that meant things had to keep getting worse before they got better. Hence the first Abbott/Hockey budget - it was what was needed and Australia had Rudd and Gillard to thank for it. What do people expect? That record debt generated by the ALP would never have to be paid back? Seriously, a lot of people need a wake up call.

The economy, the jobs market, health and education are all BETTER OFF since the great failures of Rudd/Gillard. Sad that so many can't see it - and also a contributing factor as to why Abbott is now gone.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
WTF?!?! Are you for real with that statement? Things are FAR FAR better than they were under Rudd/Gillard. The issues the libs face are trying to make improvements when the outgoing morons from the ALP legislated that things couldn't be fixed as quickly as the Libs would have had they been able to. I.e. they implemented "economic time bombs" that meant things had to keep getting worse before they got better. Hence the first Abbott/Hockey budget - it was what was needed and Australia had Rudd and Gillard to thank for it. What do people expect? That record debt generated by the ALP would never have to be paid back? Seriously, a lot of people need a wake up call.

The economy, the jobs market, health and education are all BETTER OFF since the great failures of Rudd/Gillard. Sad that so many can't see it - and also a contributing factor as to why Abbott is now gone.

Look at growth.
Look at the deficit.
Look at unemployment.

To be kind let's say that things aren't really that much worse, or they are even the same. Safe to say though the Libs weren't the economic/fiscal silver bullet many were hoping for.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Look at my post.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Thank you for the perfect example of why our voting system SUCKS!!! You are basing your vote on exactly NOTHING that has any bearing on ANYTHING. You should be basing your vote on which policies you think are in the best interests of Australia, not whether someone is a "slimy lawyer" or a "bible nut".

What a joke!

I was waiting for you to post one of your "if you don't vote the same way I vote you're a filthy communist" posts and here it is.

Considering it's a bi election that is only concerning the issues that face my electorate (which you know nothing about anyway) it's not really any of your business how we choose to vote or to criticize how we vote.

Also going from both liberal and labor candidates and what they're promising, both have promised to fix a few problem stretches of road in the electorate, both have promised to tackle anti social behavior, both have promised to support local businesses, both have promised to push for a major police station to be open 24hours, both have promised to tackle drug problems in certain problem areas in Canning, amongst other issues.

The difference being that both haven't been able to say where the money will be coming from - besides the libs that is who are coming to the table promising for money to "fix" Nicholson/Armadale road.

All the while The ALP's offering has simply kept up attacking the government. Bill shorten was in my neighborhood the other day and surprise surprise, he was out in force attacking the government while not actually offering any alternatives.

So yeah, it basically has nothing to do with you anyway. Considering that Canning is outside of Melbourne and Sydney I'm surprised you care at all, because traditionally Canberra doesn't care for anyone else outside of these areas.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I was waiting for you to post one of your "if you don't vote the same way I vote you're a filthy communist" posts and here it is.

This line made my evening. Cheers :)

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
What is going to change?
He intends sticking to the same policies that abbott had
and so much for the coalition giving it to labor for kicking out a first term pm mid term

image.jpg

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
rod.gif