Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
From what I have heard the main 2 issues with the Plebiscite are:

1. Cost - $180mil has been thrown around alot
2. Hate speech against SSM

But I agree, it's 2016 ffs. Let them do what they want, aint harming anyone. Stop wasting our taxes that pay you to sit around and argue something that is not a bloody argument in the first place. Both parties agree they would vote yes, that it needs to happen and are now just arguing over the best way to do it, like #### me. No wonder they are a joke and get no respect from the public

Bottom line is this is an issue (non-issue) that directly impacts less than 3% of the population!

Just sign off on it and move on to the bigger picture issues that affect EVERYONE!

Yep, New Zealand didn't implode or move legalise sheep shagging......

It should've been passed by the Labor party way back then, now it's being used as a distraction from our real problems

Do it in house , do it, do it now

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I only agree with Labor on one point in this pathetic issue. We elect a government to make decisions and pass legislation. This is one of those issues that a government should make and it's the fuddy duddy conservatives who refuse to acknowledge the changing social environment and standards and object to SSM that has led the government to take the plebiscite route.

I take your point on that however this government was elected on the platform of having a public vote on the issue and that is what they are trying to do. Of all people I agree with Tony Abbots words today - The ALP should state that it is not how they would have tackled the issue but will acknowledge the mandate from the last election and hold the vote. FFS - yes it's $160m or whatever but the Victorian Labor government spent around $1.2billion NOT to build a road :bang:. Whoopdy ####ing do.

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
Says it all really... Going to be a LANDSLIDE come November.

CtVQlgPWEAAUfcO.jpg:large

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Those old ########s will eventually leave parliament and literally die off.

Strange swear filter edit this. I think the original word I typed was "conservatives". So why filter it?

@ Reaper

We may well have voted the government in based on their policies, but do you really believe this one issue swung the vote in the government's favour? I certainly don't and I suspect most Australians were not fussed about having to attend another poll so soon after the last one. This is one where the government needs to bite the bullet, tell the dead-wood to pull their heads in and just get it over and done with. A more decisive government would find itself in a better position with the electorate than it is at present. Turnbull is seen as indecisive and virtually treading water. It's time a decision was made by the people paid to make decisions, instead of making us decide for them.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Just a news flash from the United States of Europe.

EU plan to beef up military prompts battle of words over Nato

Britain remained firmly opposed to any move towards creating an EU army, Sir Michael Fallon said, as it would simply undermine Nato.

And yet it wasn't on the agenda when EU defence ministers met in Slovakia and barely anyone is talking about the idea. There are no plans for legions of Eurotroops decked out in helmets emblazoned with yellow stars on a blue background.

"The real issue is whether they're prepared to step up to the 2% (of GDP on defence spending) as we already have," Mr Fallon told reporters.

"There are half a dozen of them in that room who don't spend 1%," he said, explaining why he was cool towards Europe's common defence ambitions.

I think they are trying to pump their Military Industrial Complex.

We might have to keep an eye on this gal...
Defence Minister Ursula Von der Leyen.

Ok, back to Aussie politics.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
We are one huge experement so the whole world can take notes on what not to do.

Can you tell our Aussie politicians this? They seem to think America is the role model to follow.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Well, I have a confession to make. This ultra-conservative voter actually voted for Labor for the first time in the recent local election.

What would possess me to do such a thing? Simple. Idiot f***ing local hoons who treat our street as not only a bypass to avoid traffic lights, but have to see how quickly they can get from one cross street to the next. I've had a gutful of these turds and a former employee of the council, who lives a few doors up and is very well known in this area, was running for council. Labor of course, as this area is an old mining community and most voters are dyed in the wool Labor. Voting anything else is pretty much a waste of time.

Her campaign was successful, so I'm giving her a few weeks before I hit her with my request for closure of our street at one end. As she is equally affected by the hoons, she just might be in agreement and I reckon she would have the support of quite a few locals. She's pretty formidable and I think she is likely to get a good hearing with the council's Traffic Management Committee.

Here's hoping.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Well, I have a confession to make. This ultra-conservative voter actually voted for Labor for the first time in the recent local election.

What would possess me to do such a thing? Simple. Idiot f***ing local hoons who treat our street as not only a bypass to avoid traffic lights, but have to see how quickly they can get from one cross street to the next. I've had a gutful of these turds and a former employee of the council, who lives a few doors up and is very well known in this area, was running for council. Labor of course, as this area is an old mining community and most voters are dyed in the wool Labor. Voting anything else is pretty much a waste of time.

Her campaign was successful, so I'm giving her a few weeks before I hit her with my request for closure of our street at one end. As she is equally affected by the hoons, she just might be in agreement and I reckon she would have the support of quite a few locals. She's pretty formidable and I think she is likely to get a good hearing with the council's Traffic Management Committee.

Here's hoping.

Congratulations you finally figured out if you want something done then you have to vote labor
I thought the same thing about 30 years ago when for the one and only time in my life I voted liberal for local government mayor
Turned out to be a disappointment although we did get a street closed off like you are hoping to achieve