Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
if we spent more money on nuclear (like in the 60's) we could have a nuclear plant that would not have any waste and use 98% of the uranium and the last 2% is so weak it degrades in a short time, using 98% then gives us thousands of years of fuel in our own backyard emission free, if we kept that technology going from the 60's imagen where we could be now the whole world would be different

I remember some talk years back about the waste and where they wanted to store it.....Was talk about Woomera S.A as it was the site for nuclear bomb testing way back in the 2nd world war...

It was met with some stern opposition from all walks of life....

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I remember some talk years back about the waste and where they wanted to store it.....Was talk about Woomera S.A as it was the site for nuclear bomb testing way back in the 2nd world war...

We have all been told a lie for decades.

There is no reason to have all the nuclear waste we currently have. It is very possible to re-process nuclear waste and keep using it but the process to do that is basically the same as processing nuclear fuel to make atomic weapons so some politician decided instead of re-processing nuclear waste into new fuel we'd only use it once and then store it in a effort to prevent nuclear weapons proliferation.

I posted a good video about it a while back.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85

its strange because there are parts of Aus with the most uranium in the world and u dont have to dig, u just arnt allowed to go there, yet dumping it in a safer manner i assume way underground isnt accepted

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
We have all been told a lie for decades.

There is no reason to have all the nuclear waste we currently have. It is very possible to re-process nuclear waste and keep using it but the process to do that is basically the same as processing nuclear fuel to make atomic weapons so some politician decided instead of re-processing nuclear waste into new fuel we'd only use it once and then store it in a effort to prevent nuclear weapons proliferation.

I posted a good video about it a while back.

Except the process to create weapons grade Plutonium and to make recycled Uranium fuel is completely different.
Yes to the misinformed they look similar, but the refiner stacks they use have to be like 4 times the amount for weapons grade.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
if we spent more money on nuclear (like in the 60's) we could have a nuclear plant that would not have any waste and use 98% of the uranium and the last 2% is so weak it degrades in a short time, using 98% then gives us thousands of years of fuel in our own backyard emission free, if we kept that technology going from the 60's imagen where we could be now the whole world would be different

The common “conspiracy theory” is that we would have thorium reactors by now, which are far safer than uranium reactors, if the military industrial complex had figured out how to make a bomb out of it.

Thorium makes a lot more sense as there is heaps more thorium on earth than uranium and you can’t make atomic bombs from thorium.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The common “conspiracy theory” is that we would have thorium reactors by now, which are far safer than uranium reactors, if the military industrial complex had figured out how to make a bomb out of it.

Thorium makes a lot more sense as there is heaps more thorium on earth than uranium and you can’t make atomic bombs from thorium.

Thorium can't make a reactor, **** you speak some ****.
If it was a viable fuel it would be used by now, but it isn't this BS has been debunked ages ago, you just like to regurgitate bull **** you hear on you tube.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85

sounds like something mentioned in a series about uranium i was watching, they use a salt based liquid with it and it makes it so the fuel cant ever runaway/meltdown, its same and uses existing used uranium to get the full use of it so the 98% isn't wasted and at the end its just normal safe waste, it is new tech tho so still years to go on that one

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
sounds like something mentioned in a series about uranium i was watching, they use a salt based liquid with it and it makes it so the fuel cant ever runaway/meltdown, its same and uses existing used uranium to get the full use of it so the 98% isn't wasted and at the end its just normal safe waste, it is new tech tho so still years to go on that one

Yes Thorium is used in a molten salt-based reactor, but it's yet to make a returnable amount of power.

The video I linked like 15 pages back about solar, specifically about the ANU mirror dish for thermal solar used a molten salt heat exchanger.
I believe the research seeing as it's next to the physics building and the particle accelerator has more to do with molten salt reactors in my opinion.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Just imagine this, the largest surface area on the planet is water, something like 70%, this is the two most explosive elements known to man.
Thorium is like water, it has energy, but we don't have an effective way to harness it.