Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

It's not about hiring the illegals.
Once they're in they're in.
It's the part about letting them in, in the first place.

But lefty brain washed cattle just like to ignore this part.

I bet you think Trump is going to have a blood bath.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Possibly, but not for a while.
The ROI value on a battery is about 3 years past its life cycle.
Yeap, with the way domestic rooftop solar is being treated as far as capping feed in, variable feed in and c/kW you'll struggle to make the sums work.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

So it's alright for Trump to hire these illegals despite them not surposed to be in the country to begin with?

Last edited:

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Yeap, with the way domestic rooftop solar is being treated as far as capping feed in, variable feed in and c/kW you'll struggle to make the sums work.

We couldn't make the numbers work, we installed a 19kW 3 phase system. Essentially you are spending thousands extra to power your fridges and other standby appliances at night and keep the lights on in case of a blackout. The solar company we used cautioned against a battery due to ROI. If it had enough juice to run my aircons at night in the peak of summer then I would have considered it. As it stands right now with an 8c fit, our average cost is less than $1 a day without a battery.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
We couldn't make the numbers work, we installed a 19kW 3 phase system. Essentially you are spending thousands extra to power your fridges and other standby appliances at night and keep the lights on in case of a blackout. The solar company we used cautioned against a battery due to ROI. If it had enough juice to run my aircons at night in the peak of summer then I would have considered it. As it stands right now with an 8c fit, our average cost is less than $1 a day without a battery.
I'll probably put a 13kw battery in, purely to give some security if the grid starts dropping out.

With battery you get the benefit still generating and using the solar in a power outage. And since we have a young family can use some of the stored energy at night and save peak usage charges.

If we can use a third, store a third and sell a third of what I use in summer that'll be the absolute best scenario.

I've basically come to the conclusion of I write off and forget the cost of the panels as they'll be a longer term asset and replace the battery as needed.

I also looked into a Red Earth Dropbear system. But not really economical

Reactions: Lex

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Batteries just don’t work from an ROI standpoint. If you value other things like backup for when the grid is down or disconnecting from the grid altogether then it’s probably worthwhile.

Myself I’m just happy that my power bills are manageable now at around $200 per quarter rather than the $800-1000 per quarter that they were at before solar.

I could probably get the bill down further if I was more aggressive with my power use (more load shifting to daytime and not leaving the AC running during the day so the house is nice and cool when I get home) but I’m happy with where it’s at.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I'll probably put a 13kw battery in, purely to give some security if the grid starts dropping out.

Just make sure you do your research on what setups will give you backup when the power grid goes down. Some people are under the impression that just having a battery means you can have power when the grid is down but most standard battery systems will also shut down when the grid is down.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
So adding a battery to power the house is the norm? There is something wrong with the lot of you people what happened to a reliable power supply like we've had for the last 60 years? Too many useless snouts in the troff along with a complete collection of useless pathetics. How can any of you honestly say battery's are green and don't destroy the earth isn't that what all this green bs is meant to be in aid of? Wake up the lot of you.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

I bet you think Trump is going to have a blood bath.
Your political compass is about as astute as Trumps.

Trump won't have a blood bath but he is encouraging it should he loose. He's already laying the groundwork (just like last time) in case he looses.