Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
And when a company makes a loss does the CEO hand back a lot of cash because he did a **** job?

No, I don't believe in huge bonus's for CEO's (especially when it's in the form of share options), they only set policy and direction, most of the time it is the people below the CEO that do all the hard work.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
are secretary janet yellen and aunt clara from bewitched the same person

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Or we could build solar turbines and wind panels which have a lot shorter lead time than nuclear power plants!

Both provide power but only 1 provides 99.9% (or there abouts) reliable uptime. Both base load (constant up time) and wind/solar are required and have their place.

What fear am I spreading? Unless you’re scared of facts I fail to see what “fear” I’m spreading.

On this one I'm with you. I don't see you spreading fear. Just mis-information and ill conceived ideas.

We’ve been over this before. Pointing to an edge case to justify your point is just clutching at straws. Authoritarianism also exists in Russia and China, should we import that too?

Yes we have. Just because something exists in a place you don't particularly like doesn't mean it ceases to be. I have nfi where you got the notion anybody was suggesting we fundamentally change our system of government. I'd love to hear how you came to that conclusion.

Nuclear waste has a lot of stigma attached to it and at the end of the day, why store someone else's waste? what is in it for you?

But ultimately, we shouldn't be storing that ****, we should be re-processing it and then re-using it.

Yes it has a stigma attached to it but I don't know of any verified mishap world wide regarding it's transportation. Maybe there has been somewhere and the longer we go the greater the chance there will be eventually. But, per (whatever unit you choose), nuclear power is second only to solar in it's safety over the entire 70 (?) years in service - That includes the not so convenient (for the nuclear industry) Chenobyl and Fukushima disasters (well I disagree with calling Fukushima a disaster but still the stats should be included).

safest-form-energy_1350.png

Then there is the other hand being CO2 emissions over it's life cycle, that is, resources required to build the plant, operate and then decommission. Once again Nuclear is right up there with the best. So, once again - I just don't see any rational reason aside from a possible economic one for all the resistance. As for the dorras, those that choose not to contribute via their power bill should be first to have their power shut off when we run out of power.

I'm amazed they found it so fast. As above, although this was not nuclear waste, unfortunately at times things like this happen. I suspect the chances of loosing a semi with a waste capsule on it the size of a 44 gallon drum is probably several magnitudes less likely than a capsule slightly bigger than a grain or rice.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Yea but the CEO is employed to push profits up, if you hire a cleaner, your profits might stay steady or fall, but the CEO is there to push them up. So if he gets and increase, as part of his job shouldn't he be entitled to get a bonus for accomplishing this task?

A bonus - for doing their job?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
I also had a look at twitterX this morning and saw that "MAFSAU" was trending at #1. says it all, really.
This week, Albo & Labor will ask the Fair Work Commission for a 5% increase to the minimum wage. Idiots on $100,000+ or with $1 million in superannuation will of course complain, citing inflationary pressure & the "devastating" effect this will have on small business. usual garbage from morons who somehow believe they've worked harder than a person on minimum wages. Apparently, laying a brick requires 3 times more physical/mental exertion than washing a kitchen pot, making a bed, or cleaning a disgusting toilet?

This is the **** thing about inflation. The group of people that had no power to cause the problem are the exact people the world leans on by necessity to fix it. That is, the lower one's income the more inflation bites.

The other **** thing is, the higher the minimum wage, the more upward pressure there is on inflation. For the totally stupid amongst us, that does not mean inflation will go up, it's just pressure from under possibly just slowing it's rate of decline. This is because the lowest income earners in general will spend every cent they get per pay week where as the rich whose decisions had a big hand in causing the problem are least affected.

There is no argument, it's an undeniable fact, raising the disposable income of the lower paid does put upward pressure on inflation. Weather they deserve it or not is an entirely different matter.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yes it has a stigma attached to it but I don't know of any verified mishap world wide regarding it's transportation. Maybe there has been somewhere and the longer we go the greater the chance there will be eventually. But, per (whatever unit you choose), nuclear power is second only to solar in it's safety over the entire 70 (?) years in service - That includes the not so convenient (for the nuclear industry) Chenobyl and Fukushima disasters (well I disagree with calling Fukushima a disaster but still the stats should be included).

I'm amazed they found it so fast. As above, although this was not nuclear waste, unfortunately at times things like this happen. I suspect the chances of loosing a semi with a waste capsule on it the size of a 44 gallon drum is probably several magnitudes less likely than a capsule slightly bigger than a grain or rice.

From what I have seen, there is a lot of nuclear waste stored poorly because no-one has come up with a permanent solution or locations so although no known big accidents, plenty of opportunity for leakage/contamination and other nasty things to potentially happen that might not make it into the public domain.

The US and other Western nations have put a lot of effort into the safe transportation of nuclear waste. I've seen tests where they run a locomotive into a nuclear transportation container.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
You don’t believe in bonuses? My guys seem to enjoy them.

Bonuses are good when they are tied to clear performance objectives. A lot of the time though with CEOs it doesn’t seem to be tied to clear performance metrics. How many times have we heard about some CEO leaving a company in disgrace yet still getting a golden parachute.