Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JCCC Federal Election Polls

JCCC Federal Election Poll:

• Australian Labor Party

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Liberal Party of Australia

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Liberal National Party (QLD)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • National Party of Australia

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Country Liberal Party (NT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australian Greens

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • National Party (WA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Independents

• Other

• Donkey Vote - Turn up but no vote

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Just curious to see who people would vote for as #1. if a Federal Election was called tomorrow.

I read the polls in the papers, etc but each seems to have different results.

So, welcome to the JCCC Election.

Please vote and also back up your vote with the policies of your chosen Party you are particularly fond of.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
My reason:

Abbotts commitment to scrapping the Carbon Tax. There are other reason but this one thing alot has my vote.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The polls are pretty consistant Jester, they are all saying this pathetic government would be decimated if an election were held now lol.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Its already looking like the money being given out due to compensation for the tax and the cost of the bureaucratic process to distribute the money will be more than the amount thats raised by the tax itself. Doesnt sound like much will be left over for the environment

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Its already looking like the money being given out due to compensation for the tax and the cost of the bureaucratic process to distribute the money will be more than the amount thats raised by the tax itself. Doesnt sound like much will be left over for the environment

That has always been the way. This so called "revenue neutral" system is going to cost around $4bill over the available budget period. God knows how much into the future when companies can buy foreign carbon permits that AusGovCo doesn't get the money for, yet are still obliged to pay the outgoings committed to. This system (unlike C02) stinks to high heaven!

Reaper

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
I remember reading a report on the chile volcano eruption recently that stated that the volcano released more carbon into the atmosphere than the past 200 years of human civilization. Kinda seems pointless to tax carbon if that's the case.

However, I'll always vote Labor. I don't give a rats ass that they're bringing in the carbon tax. I'm a working class guy and I don't want to have to put up with another 11 years of Liberal style industrial relations. To everyone complaining about "liar liar" Gillard, you're quick to forget "never ever" Howard's GST.

The only reason we have a carbon tax at the moment is because the Liberals cant get it together enough to understand that nobody wants Abbott the Rabbit as PM, so they don't get enough votes to shoo it in, resulting in a minority government where the Greens have all the power. Swinging voters (read: previous labor voters who just cant bring themselves to vote liberal) who don't like either party and think voting green is a suitable alternative piss me off.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
I remember reading a report on the chile volcano eruption recently that stated that the volcano released more carbon into the atmosphere than the past 200 years of human civilization. Kinda seems pointless to tax carbon if that's the case.

However, I'll always vote Labor. I don't give a rats ass that they're bringing in the carbon tax. I'm a working class guy and I don't want to have to put up with another 11 years of Liberal style industrial relations. To everyone complaining about "liar liar" Gillard, you're quick to forget "never ever" Howard's GST.

The only reason we have a carbon tax at the moment is because the Liberals cant get it together enough to understand that nobody wants Abbott the Rabbit as PM, so they don't get enough votes to shoo it in, resulting in a minority government where the Greens have all the power. Swinging voters (read: previous labor voters who just cant bring themselves to vote liberal) who don't like either party and think voting green is a suitable alternative piss me off.

Howard took the GST to an election

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
However, I'll always vote Labor. I don't give a rats ass that they're bringing in the carbon tax. I'm a working class guy and I don't want to have to put up with another 11 years of Liberal style industrial relations.

Ahh, so you are a worker who is unproductive and unskilled? Explains most labor voters.

To everyone complaining about "liar liar" Gillard, you're quick to forget "never ever" Howard's GST.

You mean the GST he took to an election and won? No point letting FACTS get in the way of a good bullshit story is there?

:rofl:

What a load of ****. Abbott leads Gillard in every poll, liberals 2PP based on flawed 2010 election preferencing lead 58 to 42. The only reason we are getting a carbon tax is because 144 House of reps seats were decided on parties having no carbon tax.

You know how Gillard said "There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead"?

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Ahh, so you are a worker who is unproductive and unskilled? Explains most labor voters.

Unproductive? Questionable. Unskilled? Technically, yes. (3rd Year Plant Mechanic) Would I get $5500 worth of tools under a Liberal government?

You mean the GST he took to an election and won? No point letting FACTS get in the way of a good bullshit story is there?

Thanks for highlighting my point about how fast everyone forgot how he promised to NEVER bring a tax in, and yet did it anyway.

What a load of ****. Abbott leads Gillard in every poll, liberals 2PP based on flawed 2010 election preferencing lead 58 to 42. The only reason we are getting a carbon tax is because 144 House of reps seats were decided on parties having no carbon tax.

Maybe you should read between the lines, or better yet, actually read the lines themselves. I never said Labor was 2PP over liberal, I said Nobody wanted Abbott as preferred PM, Gillard 53% to Abbott's 26% @ 2010 election, anyone? And yes Minux, all politicians lie, some better than others.

You know how Gillard said "There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead"?

I do, yes. Remember Howard's "Never ever. It's dead. It was killed by voters at the last election." ?

You should really stop being so condescending all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.