Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just bought a car with pensioner rego. need help !!

vl_2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina
hey guys. so i just bought this shitty corolla which has 3 months rego but its pensioner rego. im planning on keeping the car for say 1 month until my vl is finished then ill get that registered etc...

i was going to keep the car and not transfer it because i have to pay extra. does anyone know how much ill have to pay for the 3 months left.

muttley383

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 383
I would say about a 1/4 of the full price.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Don't you have to transfer all new cars into your name? Then when that happens you can then enquire about the cost of rego etc.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
You have bought a new car and the paperwork will be signed by the other party. they will send in their part of the paperwork and then DPI will send you out an Invoice that gives you 28 days to pay. if you don't pay within that time, you will start to be fined and have costs keep rising.

Better off to get it transfered into your name, and then sell it again when you're ready to.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
In Vic i dont think it matters how much the old owner paid for rego.You would just pay the full amount when the next payment is due.

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
It shouldn't cost much. It will probably be 3 months worth of rego (approx $57-$71 in NSW depending on GVM) then $27 transfer fee. So really it won't be too expensive. The last payment fee is about $100 so I would make sure you do it in time.