Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just bought my VX today

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Forget all the crap and start off by servicing your car,inc plugs and leads possibly and then get to know the thing.You'll have plenty of time to consider silly lights and all the other non/stock stuff(some of it may actually be very useful) a bit later on.Congrats,now enjoy.If you have a pocket full of cash,fill the fuel tank and go for a drive.

This is what i did.
Im pretty sure the car was already serviced but i changed plugs, leads oil filter, oil and even did a radiator flush
Just piece of mind and plus who doesnt love working on their new toy?

Ive only recently started with the mods and they are going to have to go on holed for a while until i can afford new intlet gaskets, oil and radiator fluid.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Genuine Monaro lights look pretty good but I've seen some copies and "monaro style" lights which just look terrible

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Thanks all, to bad I already bought the lights for the back and front I won't put them
In but I can put the interior light in can't I????? Also how much would the white lights cost??? And also the car is white and I'm thinking of putting in new tail lights but can't make up my mind on either chrome or black????

You can get the cool white LEd's of ebay very cheap.
Like $2.00. Use them for parker's, Reverse, Numer plate. ect.
Reverse is 1156.
Parker's are T10's
Number plate are T10's

If you go with white Led's/Smd's they will be fully roadworthy, You will get no extra attention.
If you stick with blue, It will void you're insurance, And you will get alot of attention from the Police.

I have cool white parker's.
Cool white No plate.
Cool white reverse. <need extra light to see out tint

I just love the output colour of the white Led's, So much better than the standard filliment type.

You can use blue interior light's, Although you still can get fined for them if the police want to be an ass.(rare but can happen)
I have blue interior light's, I have not had any trouble as yet.

Stick with white, You'll be rite!