Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just bought SV6, having a little trouble. Looking for advice

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Doesn't sound too bad. The Holden here said they are doing some searching for me currently to try give me a few options depending on what's around. I'm hoping to pick something up around the 60,000-70,000km mark

pull a valve cover off to check for any sludge before you buy.....

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Doing more research around, could it be the oil pump? or pick up? as I've been told it has a lot of sludge and the noise is surely coming from the top end of the engine.
Are the oil pumps easy enough to do yourself? (I'm generally pretty happy to try anything as long as it doesn't require belt removal lol)

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
So I decided to do a carfacts report and apparently it's a repairable write-off from Mar 2016.
Should this have been listed in the ad? I feel like I've been jibbed, or is this my problem and tough luck?

I would ring your Queensland Motor Registration and ask if the seller should have disclosed that the vehicle being sold was a repaired write off, in Victoria it is law that it must be disclosed.
Just had a look on the Qld Motor Reg site and found this, make of it what you think, but would make me ring the Registration Office and ask.

Copied from the Qld Motor Reg site...
Written-off vehicles
Offence Maximum penalty
Not telling the buyer that a vehicle is a written-off vehicle
$24,380

Not asking the buyer to sign an acknowledgement, that identifies the used vehicle as a written-off vehicle or statutory write-off
$24,380

Not giving (after sale of a repairable/statutory write-off vehicle) written acknowledgement to the buyer (and making a copy available to an inspector)
$24,380

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
Feel like removing the timing chain ext again? Its behind there!

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
I would ring your Queensland Motor Registration and ask if the seller should have disclosed that the vehicle being sold was a repaired write off, in Victoria it is law that it must be disclosed.
Just had a look on the Qld Motor Reg site and found this, make of it what you think, but would make me ring the Registration Office and ask.

Written-off vehicles
Offence Maximum penalty
$24,380

Not asking the buyer to sign an acknowledgement, that identifies the used vehicle as a written-off vehicle or statutory write-off
$24,380

Not giving (after sale of a repairable/statutory write-off vehicle) written acknowledgement to the buyer (and making a copy available to an inspector)
$24,380

Very interesting, but hey getting $10 grand back from a private sale is a whole different story haha.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder

Written-off vehicles
Offence Maximum penalty
$24,380

$24,380

$24,380

I'd be ringing and asking if this applies to private sales or authorised dealers only. Definitely worth a call, worst case they say no and you're still in this boat. Best case the seller is up for repair costs or refund

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
I'd be ringing and asking if this applies to private sales or authorised dealers only. Definitely worth a call, worst case they say no and you're still in this boat. Best case the seller is up for repair costs or refund

I looked around the net last night and can't find any legislation stating that a private sale must disclose any information about the car and the buyer should do all checks prior to sale

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
I looked around the net last night and can't find any legislation stating that a private sale must disclose any information about the car and the buyer should do all checks prior to sale

Obligation on registered operator or owner of
unregistered vehicle to attach label to written-off vehicle
(1) This section applies if the regi
stered operator of a notifiable
vehicle or, if the vehicle is not
registered under this regulation
or a corresponding law to this
regulation, the owner of the
notifiable vehicle receives a
label for the vehicle from—
(a)
the chief executive under section 75A; or