Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Commodores IRC

Would you use IRC if available?

• Total voters

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hi Guys,

We are looking to see how much interest people have in using IRC. We are looking to get back to the old days where quite a few users would be online talking in real time. Great for when your bored.

If there is enough interest we will start this back immediately.

Let me know.

Cheers.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
cmon people, normally everyones wide awake, now you're all sleeping?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
thats what i get for not reading the post :p

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
yeh im interested.. lets get this going man lol

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm a child of the mid 90's IRC wars. I don't think I can handle going back, it's too much

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
never known of this irc thing is it like msn or those stupid chat room things where a million words go down the screen?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Internet Relay Chat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Man things you can see and do and get on irc :) you've missed out. There's been masses of wars, being shut down by the feds watched by the goverments for a while there efnet wasn't safe to log onto if you ran a windows based computer, the OS would be crashed within seconds :)

Here's a little history lesson about why I had to start using Linux in 1997 :), there used to be war scripts where you could go /ssping #channelname and 99% of the room would crash, you could go into a room with hundreds of people in it and then watch

TIMEOUT user1
TIMEOUT user 2
x300

Until there was liek 3 bots left that were running on some OS that was immune

In January of 1997, "The Ping o' Death" was discovered, and proved to effect 18 major operating systems, Windows 95 and NT included. In this attack, systems which are "pinged" with a very large packet will crash. Service Pack 2 fixes this problem on Windows NT machines. The above patch fixes the problem on Windows 95 machines. See this page for more info.

In June of 1997, "SSPing/Jolt" appeared. In this kind of attack, fake TCP/IP packets are sent to a host, causing the host to slow down or crash. While less serious than WinNuke, anyone who runs a mission-critical web server on Windows NT should apply the fix, which can be found here.

Also in June, another bug in the Windows NT 4.0 web server (Internet Information Server 3.0) could let a malicious user crash the server when it receives a very large URL (4kb to 8kb) in a CGI request. The patch for NT web server administrators is available here.

A fairly new attack, called "Teardrop", affects Windows 95/NT machines, as well as Linux and other operating systems. It occurs when an invalid or fragmented IP address is sent to a host, causing it to crash or hang. The fix for Windows 95 users is included in the WinNuke patch above. Windows NT users should consult this page. Recently, a new version of the Teardrop attack has appeared. (see below)

Early in December 97, a new bug, called a "land c" or "Land Attack" has appeared, by "Meltman". It affects some operating systems, as well as some Internet hardware such as firewalls and routers. Like the SSPing attack, it allows someone to slow down or crash a Windows NT machine, and crash a Windows 95 system. A patch for Windows 95 machines is included in the WinNuke fix above. Windows NT users should consult this link.

There are several bugs in Microsoft's latest Internet Explorer 4.0 browser, which can let a malicious person access and/or destroy files on your hard drive. On January 14th, 1998, the "MK Overrun bug" was reported, which can cause IE4.0 to crash when the user tries to go to a webpage that starts with "mk://". A fix for NT and 95 users is provided by Microsoft at this page. A similar attack, called the "IE Buffer Overrun bug", can be fixed at this MS webpage.

Recently a new varaiation on the Teardrop attack has surfaced, called "NewTear" or "Boink". As of January 12, 1998, there is a fix for Windows NT users. The fix for Windows 95 machines, released on January 23rd, is included in the WinNuke fix above.

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
WTF dude that sounds messed up sound's almost like this movie i saw year's ago about mid 90's hacker's it had angelina jolie in it cant remember the name tho lol
why do people online feel the need to wreck other peoples pc's? it ****'s me whith all these virus's and crap