Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just Got a VE Calais V Sportwagon Help???

voorhees

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon 2010 Evoke
Hey guys we just purchased a 2010 series 1 Evoke Calais V Sportwagon :) i havent owned a Holden since my VC 4cyl (dont laugh) Commodore many years ago and i must say the VE is a very nice ride indeed :)

Question it sits pretty low and we seem to scrap a few speed humps,driveways etc is this normal??? i mean the wagon is empty and usually only one or two of us in car so i am even more concerned if we load it up with more people and weight its gonna be worse???

Also in terms of fitting a sat nav with the existing screen from some older posts/threads ive read the garmin at around $1400 is the way to go in terms of cheapest? I mean i know ill get told to buy seperate Tom Tom or the like for $200 but yeah in terms of intergrating with the existing screen and controls.

Cheers V

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Sounds like you car has been lowered, if it is an issue just have the original springs reinstalled. If there anything like the sedan I have a set of original fe2 springs that your car came with i think as the ve Calais never had fe1.5

With the radio if it's a series 1 just go to any reputable car audio installer and they should be able to sort something out. Got no idea on costs though.

Cheers
Dean.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
picture of car and we'll be able to tell u straight away if lowered.

voorhees

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys and yeah we are thinking that its been lowered but havent directly compared to another as yet but hopefully your keen eyes maybe able to check out the below pics and verify :) Also if it is the case what sort of $$$ to raise back to factory height?

Cheers V

35712621.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
41980779.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

SeattleG8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Definitely looks lowered to me. GREAT looking VE. As already posted changing back to stock springs will help with ground clearance issues.

I'm willing to bet you can get a set of stock FE2 springs from someone here on the cheap.

voorhees

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that but just to give me a ball park figure on new springs fitted,what would i be up for? And would you say that FE2 would be the way to go? How much more clearance would they give? Sorry for all the questions lol

Cheers V

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Cheaper (and better) to go for aftermarket if you're looking at NEW products. SL kings and Boge or KYB shocks would be a similar height to FE2 and still perform better. GSL Rallysport has packs available - but at that height, you could keep your standard shocks (assuming that's what is in there now) if they're not rooted from the lower springs that are in the car now.

Having said that, you may well find a set of springs from a ute or wagon (sedan is different) for next to nothing from someone here who has lowered their car.

simple wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore Sports Wagon
Your best bet is to look up photos if ve calais wagons on google that will show you the standard height, then compare it to your own, otherwise check the original specs from holden they will give you the factory ride height measurements. And yes you wouldnt want to go any heigher than fe2 it looks silly.

voorhees

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers guys,looked at a few pics hard for me to tell to be honest,googled ground clearnce and it stated 110 mm i measured and it was about that.Also has PM from a very nice forum member with info re: new springs and he mentioned that maybe mud flaps were scrapping, i will check that out but reckon its underneath!!! Maybe im just getting too fat lol then again it hppend when the missus is in it on her own and i dare not call her fat.

Anyway is there anyway with looking i can tell if the springs arent factory? actualy probably easier if i know what the factory springs look like as i would know any others if i see them lol.

Cheers V