Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Just had an aeroflow short shifter fitted need a little help

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Hey everyone I just need some help hopefully from someone who has the same issue or even better the same shifter, ok so I brought one of these the other day 170804402766 (that's the eBay item number). anyway I got it fitted today and wow what a difference it's so much tighter the shifts are alot quicker and shorter and so precise but I'm having one problem when I picked it up it made a terrible noise it's hard to describe but it basically sounds like metal bumping into metal. it only done this for a couple minutes then it was like when the gearbox warmed up it went away. later in the afternoon (after the car had sat for a couple hours) I took it down the shops and it done the same thing, it made the noise on the way to the shop but not on the way home. Ill also add that the gearbox never made any noise prior to the shifter being fitted so it has something to do with that, so my question is has anyone had any problem like this before and can I fix it?

My second question is, in the description of the shifter it sais this " Fully adjustable positive stops help against over-shifting and damaging synchros." What does this mean? And could it be causing my noise in some way?

All help is very much appreciated and yes I'll be ringing the mechanic to see what he has to say.

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
No one????

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
May have been a false alarm, I took it for a cruise when I woke up today and didnt make a sound I have it a hard time in all gears and cruised in all gears, went up and down hills, slow and fast over speed humps and nothing :), I'm thinking maybe it had to settle in place a little bit? I don't know but for the time being I'm happy. no one cares but will keep you's updated lol, and I've got to mention it again...wow what a difference, it feels like a different car and its made me love it all over again :D

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
you only gave it 12hours and it was a friday night, not everyone sits and waits for people to post problems. A little bit of patience goes along way.

Glad it seems fixed

Last edited:

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
When I said "anyone?" The thread had around 50 views so I was just surprised that 50 people interested in the thread didnt have something to say that's all, we're a little sidetracked but anyway thanks for your concern.

ILLFLY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 08' Manual
it could have just been notchy around the gate, when i got my billet industries installed it was notchy as hell.. few drivers later it was alot better