Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Justin's New 'WYF' VY II SS 6 Speed Manual *Nom Nom

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Just picked up a radiator shroud for me to hack up around my otr $30. Cant wait to see how it looks (ill post photos dw)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
A few little updates,

Pickup the looms for the gauges, the brake pads arrived, I got a radiator shroud to cut up. But Im struggling a bit when an adapter for the oil pressure sensor... if anyone can help.

Also thinking of custom plates... but options are kinda limited. I want something metallica related. 'Ktulu-8' is what im thinking, The call of ktulu being an instrumental off ride the lightning album and the 8th track. White over blue, but the problem i have with blue is that I havent got blue highlights on the car, my calipers are gonna black and white engine bay Ill prob do black and white. And I really dont want plain black and white, although itd be smart since it would go with any colour on future cars.

Some more photos. Only problem with the wash was that I didnt have a vacuum todo the floors... so theres still crap in the sills.

Also really struggling with brake colours, i wanna do something different but red always looks awesome. more opinions plz!

Last edited by a moderator:

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Yep think im gonna bail on the white calipers..... dont think it will go with the silver. generic red it is lol!

Leaving for my sydney holiday tomorrow, so finally doing my breaks as promised haha! Never got around to making decals for the calipers though which I thought would have been a nice touch.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Lol mang im already worried about looking like a tosser with custom plates so I gotta choose perfectly haha

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
Lol mang im already worried about looking like a tosser with custom plates so I gotta choose perfectly haha

if you have money to spend custom plates of any kind, you're usually considered a tosser anyway (in WA at least, it's upwards of $600 for them here) I always get lots of comments on mine, one guy at the carwash offered to buy them from me for a grand... to put on his skyline, I said no because I like them.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Haha it is alot of money for nothing more than plates isnt it. Its something that always rolled around in my head and just was waiting for the right car. Plus I have a sneaking suspicion my girlfriend is going to get my family to put in and buy me some for my birthday. She has increasingly been asking if id like them and what id get etc lol

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
ever since I worked with a bloke on the mines ive wanted to get KLUNGE for a personalised plate but I feel they might figure out its offensive so I don't recommend that one lol

tough call re the personalised option and what to get..last one I had was kinda boring, just my initials NK 5700 on my clubby I had years ago(but my mum bought them for me so sentimentally it was kinda cool).

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Things are happening.

Old brakes off, new rotors on calipers painted new pads on and everything bolted back on.

Got **** loads of photos but im on holidays so I won't be uploading anything til I get back ;)

Brakes were spongy after so gonna sort that out tomorrow.

Ordered some split engine covers the LS1 logo ones, and got a line on a new sub box to get some boot space back.