Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

K&N Oil Filter (HP-2001) fit VS???

mcvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive V6 Auto
Hi guys,

This is the situation, I bought a K&N oil filter (HP-2001) from AutoOne in Newcastle (they got the part number from the Rocket catalouge).

The K&N website says I need part number HP-1007 which is wrong as this is for the V8 and has a diffrent size thread.

The AmericanAutos catalouge say the HP-2001 filter fits all V6 Commodores VN-VY exept VS.

I think that the HP-2001 filter is the right filter for the Ecotech engine but there is just not enought room in the engine bay to install it.

Just wondering if any one has used a K&N oil filter in a VS and how did they get it in?

Thanks

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
good ol google for digging up this thread lol, but i just bought one, autobarn catalog says its the direct replacement for the ryco ( although the K&N is longer than the ryco filter ) should know in the next couple of days if it fits or not lol ( when i could be bothered doing the oil change lol )

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I have one, is a direct replacement it is a little longer and having the nut on the end makes it much easier when u change it on the next oil change.

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
hi,
I find this quite interesting as I put a k&n hp 2001 for my vs not knowin,
Had to replace a sagged engine mount just to fit it! when it came off 10,000 later you could see white paint missing where it had been knocking on the k frame, too long!
definetly not the right part. lol

BD33VU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Ute SeriesIII
All V6 Commodores up to vz run the same oil filter, 92132003 or Z154, depending on which school you're from. Exactly what prompts people to buy these K&N units is beyond me, but if it fits VN V6, it'll fit your VS. Or you can spend $10 on one that's been in production for two decades and KNOW that it fits.

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
All V6 Commodores up to vz run the same oil filter, 92132003 or Z154, depending on which school you're from. Exactly what prompts people to buy these K&N units is beyond me, but if it fits VN V6, it'll fit your VS. Or you can spend $10 on one that's been in production for two decades and KNOW that it fits.

hi,
not neccesarily.
I found the ecotec engine oil filter mount sits lower than vn vp vr and causes the 2001 to hit the k frame being longer than a z154.

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
for $7 i go genuwine anyday. it just gets thrown away anyway

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
^^^ as above
I just bought this $66 with postage.
Oil change coming up so it will go on then.

Filtermag

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
Actually, 92142003 does VN-VY V6. 92149006 does VZ & VE V6. Why anybody would go aftermarket for an oil filter when genuine is cheap enough is beyond me.