Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// KBAGZ' Impulse R8 Clubsport

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Name: Keegan

Model: Z Series Clubsport R8

Year: 2005

Colour: Impulse Blue

Kms: 125,XXXkm.

Engine: 6.0L LS2. 330rwkW. Built and tuned by PowerTorque Engines. 236/242 .615/.620 112 LSA Iskenderian camshaft. Bigger valve springs. Alloy OTR intake. Custom VCM Suite tune. Ported 243 cylinder heads. Pistons machined down for valve clearance. LS7 single plate clutch w/ billet flywheel and slave cylinder and braided clutch line. Powerbond 25% under driven harmonic balancer. High volume oil pump. ARP rod bolt kit. Double row timing chain kit. Comp Cams lifters and guides.

Exhaust: HPC coated Pacemaker 4-1 extractors. High flow cats. XForce full twin 3in stainless cat back system with two mufflers.

Transmission: Rebuilt HSV T56. Street Rip shifter. Braided clutch line.

Differential: Standard HSV 3.46:1. Stronger axle shafts. Harrop differential cover.

Suspension: Pedders XA coilovers. Camber/toe kit.

Wheels: 20in VE E1 GTS staggered.

Interior: Leathery. 6500K White LED SMD lights for Map lights, rear courtesy lights, centre console, glove box and footwells.

Stereo: Alpine Double DIN headunit. Splits in front. 6x9 in rear. Apline 4 channel PDX 4.100 amp. Apline PDX 1.1000 mono block amp. 2 x 12 Apline Type R subs. 2 Farad Power Capacitor. Pioneer DVD player on roof.

Exterior: Clubsportness. 6500K White LED SMD parker lights. Philips Diamond Vision 5000K H11 Low beam and H3 foglights. Philips White Vision 4000K H9 high beam. LED SMD front, side and rear indicators. LED SMD stop/tail, reverse and number plate lights. VZ Calais tail lights.

Other mods: Dashmat. Sunshade. Autometer Pro Lite shift light on cluster. Auto meter fuel pressure gauge on fuel rail. Tridon lever radiator cap. HSV valve caps. Spark plug lead thermal insulators. Alloy caps for brake, clutch, engine oil filler and power steering. Alloy power steering reservoir cover. Alloy A/C cap, engine oil dipstick cover, overflow and washer bottle cap. HSV tyre pressure gauge. Chrome wheel nut covers. Optima Bluetop battery. Rear black venetians.

Future mods: TBA

25/8/15 - Replaced boot struts and installed Calais tail lights. Heat mat fitted around battery.
2/9/15 - Replaced main and AC belt tensioners. Replaced main belt.
4/9/15 - Rear venetians fitted. OTR air filter cleaned and oiled.
8/9/15 - Replaced AC belt and all tensioner and idler pulleys.

Now for pictures when I first picked her up..

First mods were a dashmat, sunshade and a lever radiator cap.

Last edited:

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
My Holden family with the King in the middle.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Damn looks so clean. Nice baby seat :p

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Now, since picking it up a few weeks ago I have added some HSV valve caps.

All interior lights changed to 6500K white LED SMDs: Map lights, rear courtesy lights, centre console, glove box and footwells.

Added some spark plug lead insulators.

Added some battery terminal covers and conduit on the stereo cable to keep it looking factory.
Before:

After:

Added some alloy stuff to the bay, oil dipstick, powersteering cover, overflow and washer bottle, and A/C cap. Seller had already fitted alloy covers to the brake and clutch caps, powersteering and engine oil caps.

Some new plates, honourable mention to previous seller. You're a legend mate.

And what everyone buys a V8 for, the noise...

That's it for now, but I will continually update this thread with the subtle mods I'm performing.

Last edited by a moderator:

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Double post

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Damn looks so clean. Nice baby seat :p

Is clean! I detail inside and out every Saturday. And baby seat is must for my daughter. Gives it credibility for being a 'family' car haha.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks good as is. Just need the coil pack covers. They look so messy under there. My wife has already bought the baby seats for the Berlina....

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks good as is. Just need the coil pack covers. They look so messy under there. My wife has already bought the baby seats for the Berlina....

I have a few more things left to do ill next pay. Parcels are waiting and arriving! I'll space it out towards the end of the year because I don't want to do everything so fast. I am contemplating that or some alloy engine covers. I was joking with my partner that we should get custom HSV embroidery done on the baby seat to match.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks pretty good as is though. OTR fitment looks great with a nice cut out not some dodgy hack job.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looks pretty good as is though. OTR fitment looks great with a nice cut out not some dodgy hack job.

I have a few things in store I believe you'd like wraith. And yes, compliments to the previous owner, a fabulous job.