Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keyfob airal or nob thing

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Nah mate....I said someone else!
You've been telling me this all along.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
This site....yes? Li-Ion Rechargeable 2032 Button Cells, LR2032, 3.6V 40mAh (20d x 3.2mm, 0.14Wh)
On the item it says LIR. In the heading description at the top of the page, it says LR. It also says Re Chargeable....Yes?

Mate, this is where you are getting confused and completely unraveled. Part Number LR2032 is NOT the same as LIR2032. Prefix LR is for an alkaline cell, whereas LIR is for a rechargeable Lithium type cell.

This site says CR non rechargeable.....Yes? Button Cell: 1 PC 3.0 V 225mAh PANASONIC CR-2032 (Non-Rechargeable) Lithium Batteries - UN 38.3 Passed (NDGR)

This site says LR Rechargeable......Yes? Powerizer 2032 3.6V Li-Ion Rechargeable Button Cells - 2 Ppack - (LR2032)

From what I gather LIR2032 is the manufactures part number and LR2032 is the generic part number.

Mate, this is where you are getting confused and completely unraveled. Part Number LR2032 is NOT the same as LIR2032. Prefix LR is for an alkaline cell, whereas LIR is for a rechargeable Lithium type cell.

After being in technical procurement and purchasing for over 20 years, the ONLY part number that counts is that which is annotated on the physical item, along with the CAGE Code. Unfortunately, the site you chose is very misleading, hence your confusion.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)

But can't you see in this link...Powerizer 2032 3.6V Li-Ion Rechargeable Button Cells - 2 Ppack - (LR2032) that both LR and LIR prefixes are used to describe the same thing?
LR is in the Heading description (it's in brackets) on the page and LIR scribed on the battery.

I grant you that the Maxell LR batteries are alkaline and non re chargeable.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
But can't you see in this link...Powerizer 2032 3.6V Li-Ion Rechargeable Button Cells - 2 Ppack - (LR2032) that both LR and LIR prefixes are used to describe the same thing?
LR is in the Heading description (it's in brackets) on the page and LIR scribed on the battery.

I grant you that the Maxell LR batteries are alkaline and non re chargeable.

Unfortunately, the site you are looking at quotes P/No: LR2032 (an Alkaline cell), whereas the description and the actual picture of the item shows P/No: LIR2032 - which is the rechargeable Lithium type cell.

Granted I can see how you are confused, as either the site title part number is incorrect, or they have taken a photo of the incorrect item. Either way, there is a discrepancy.

No matter: a cell part number starting with 'LR' is an alkaline cell, as you have correctly identified from the Maxell site you stated above.

Cheers :)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Unfortunately, the site you are looking at quotes P/No: LR2032 (an Alkaline cell), whereas the description and the actual picture of the item shows P/No: LIR2032 - which is the rechargeable Lithium type cell.

Granted I can see how you are confused, as either the site title part number is incorrect, or they have taken a photo of the incorrect item. Either way, there is a discrepancy.

No matter: a cell part number starting with 'LR' is an alkaline cell, as you have correctly identified from the Maxell site you stated above.

Cheers :)

a quick google shows no hits for an alkaline LR2032, but instead links to various LIR2032 cells.

if you want to get real specific, the L designated the battery is alkaline, the R designates that its round.

if you guys really want to argue battery types, feel free to continue it via pm.

drelix

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 2005
ok for all you guys playing at home tonight at 130 am leaving gf the fob stopped working I dont know it it was battery or fob just stopped working cause part was missing :( so it must do something to the ignition when in it charge or not but the button did not unlock it so i unlcoked manualy and then put the key in the ignition to see if it would stop the alarm ovbiously it dident so had to listen to the alarm while i searched around in my gfs house for the alarm.