Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Keyless entry door button fix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
The drivers side keyless door button is starting to fail has anyone had the same problem? Has anyone replaced it or cleaned it?

Cheers

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
What build date is your car? Curious as to its age as i'd expect one should be able to enter their vehicle for decades without issue :p

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hm, dec 2013.

Since many vehicles were sold with factory 3, 5 and 7 year factory warranties and more importantly, Australian Consumer Law doesn’t state a time limit for the statutory warranty it provides, I’d be telling the Holden dealer/HCC that you expect access to your vehicle without issue for well after the factory warranty expires... well after it expires...

To have a fault associated with the door lock system in less than 7 years, where some commodores would still be covered by factory warranty, but not others is irrelevant. The ACL statutory warranty would cover them all and you’d like this failure addressed under your ACL rights.

So, you should be pushing the rights the law provides you.... don’t accept anything less than this being fixed under Holdens dime.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Your ACL statutory warranty rights haven’t expired though...

Cbillyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY14 VF SV6 Ute MY17 VFII SS Ute
Hmmm interesting
Has stopped working on mine too. Only just out of warranty. VERY minimal use.
Not fazed about getting it sorted just want to know the back story.

Has keyless entry been a common problem/issue? Any threads?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmmm interesting
Has stopped working on mine too. Only just out of warranty. VERY minimal use.
Not fazed about getting it sorted just want to know the back story.

Has keyless entry been a common problem/issue? Any threads?
Just out of warranty? I’d be discussing the issue with the dealer and getting a statutory warranty or good will repair... why have a fault when it can be fixed gratis...

As to keyless entry issues, apart from some sporadic failures that I’ve read on these forums, probably the biggest issue is a relay/PKES man in the middle attack which means that with trivial hardware and effort, someone can unlock, start and drive off in your car... this has been discusses in another thread.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
What do you mean, "just started to fail"? It's a very simple tiny push-button behind the silver fascia.
Just in the off-chance you've forgotten, the remote key must be on your person, or within 5 metres of the car, and options for touchpad opening/closing (which doors and with what feedback, if any) must be selected through the Vehicle Settings submenu on MyLink.

You do not necessarily have to press the driver's side touchpad to enter/exit the car. Unless you select (through the MyLink interface) that the driver's door only will unlock when the touchpad or remote key is used, then any touchpad around the car can also be used to lock/unlock it.

Failing that, a quick squirt of WD-40 and allow to penetrate. Keep WD-40 away from the paintwork: use a towel or rag held under the door handle during squirting, and keep it there until it the carrier has evaporated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Well basically the button has been requiring more and more force to unlock the doors slowly getting worse over a year i at first thought just a weak signal from the key remote but standing in front of the drivers door if I reach over to the rear passenger door unlock button it works fine

I believe the contacts inside the button have gotten slightly corroded unfortunately the button is not sold separately so I have ordered a entire new handle from Holden for $175