Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

King Springs. Which one?

Aquatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 05
Hey all,

Getting my VZ lowered in the next couple of weeks, the owner of the store has said he has 'super low or super super low'
I'm not 100% on which one I should go for. Is anybody able to tell me how much the car will drop with either models?
I don't use my car for towing etc its just an everyday drive, but I don't want it so low that the cops are pulling me every 5mins.

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
dont get king springs they are faulty and tend to sag by time id prefer pedders all round they last long and are reiable and durable

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Super lows are perfect and legal. Not to high and not too low.

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Go the super low, that should keep you legal, reasonable height to drive too. Approx 50mm lowered.
Front: KHFL-47HD
Rear: KHRL-46HD
Still needs to have the shortened shocks/struts fitted to maintain the best safety...
And recommend replacing your strut tops and bearings... Likely worn.

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
dont get king springs they are faulty and tend to sag by time id prefer pedders all round they last long and are reiable and durable

coming from the guy with a XR6 on a commodore forum.

my mates old man runs SSL's on his VU ss (20") it makes for a real bouncy ride. you can feel every bump in the road. so personally i would go for the SL's but its up to you how low you want to go.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Just FYI you've posted your question in the VE section.

On my VE sedan I have super low (SSL) all round, but given the guards sit lower at the back on commodores the car is level, but doesn't look it in the wheel arches, so I am going to put Ultras (SSSL) in the front shortly to have it sit level in the guards (ie spacing between tyre and wheel arch). If you have a ute to achieve the same gap in the arches you'd need to put the SSSL's in the rear, not the front as they sit higher in the back from the factory to accommodate carrying heavy loads.

HTH.

Aquatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 05
Thanks very much for your replies. Plenty of info.

I apologise for posting in incorrect section.. ;) Thought I put it in the VZ forum.

stubec16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe Sportswagon LPG
According to the warning at the top of Kings Spring own catalogue;

http://svc097.wic026v.server-web.com/catalogue/Kings Superlow Caralogue 040203.pdf

Super low and ultra low are illegal for road use. For many of the Holden applications they also recommend shortened shocks and bumpstops. Altered bumpstops are illegal unless engineered.
Many Australian states still require 2/3 original bump travel. By my calculations, on a VZ, 2/3 bump travel is only about 5mm lower than FE2.

Just sayin' is all.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Yes that is correct as various States, like NSW, apply the national codes and these cover changing vehicle ride heights. In NSW the Dept of Transport requires and applies guidance rules on raising and lowering light vehicles as currently set out in section LS in VSB 14.

See pages 28 and 29 here:

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/ro...Tyres_Suspension_Steering_V2_1Jan_2011 v3.pdf

If you don't go overboard on the drop you should not attract attention though.

Last edited: