Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

king springs

Cutloose

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr ss
hey guys

ive been reading the forums alot trying to find out about what size to put on my VR SS

im torn between super and ultra low kings springs. it has FE2 in the car atm so i imagen the supers will only drop it about 20mm so probs go ultra and puting 19' rims on it. just hope its not to low..

is there a size between superlows and ultra lows?
i see ppl saying the put SSL or SSSL on the car, are they super super low and so on? just want to know what size they are.

anyone got some picks with SL OR UL with 19' feel free to post them, i know there are a heap of these threads lol soz bout that

thanks in advance

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
I'd say ultra low will be far too low with 19's, U will need to roll the gard's and it will be a super super bumpy ride.

I beieve it goes, Low, Super low, Super super low, Ultra low.

Ultra low drop's it 70mm from standard.

pricey3682

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais
The sizes are low, super low and ultralow. There's no "super super low", just the part number for ultralow has "ssl" at the end. I confirmed this with someone from king springs.

Super lows will go roughly 50mm (2inches) and ultras 70mm ( nearly 3 inch)

Ultralows with 19's will definately require your guards to be rolled and will be rough as guts. I'd recommend getting the Monroe shocks with it aswell.

sxi ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
My vr has ssl fronts and sssl rear king springs kyb shocks 19 inch rims and yea the ride isn't the best on anything but a dead flat surface front guards are rolled but don't think it was necessary but the previous owner did them don't know why as it was standard height but back guards are not done and it's running 9.5 inch rims with 265/30/19 rubber

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
1st gen commos ultra lows end with SL and vr-vs end with SSL.
you should get about 280-300mm from the center of the hub to the top/center of the wheel arch on the rears.
i just fitted my ultras to my vh and i got 280mm with half a tank of fuel in it.
just look at ebay for any details its pretty straight foward.....
ultras might be pushing it with 19's.
what your rear end?? live or irs??
live will need an adjustable panard bar to **** it all into the center

Hibbo_Jnr

Livin' the minute...
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT S-Pack
As Pricey said it goes Lows, SuperLows (known as SL's), Ultra Lows (known as SSL's), and even a lower spring again known as SSSL's/Triple SL's.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Kings Springs codes have changed a lot in the last few years.

The SL, SSL and SSSL codes are different from spring to spring. Typically Ultralow is SSSL however they are sometimes SSL and it depends on the number prefix. Again, Superlows are typically SL, however can be SSL and they have now started using HD in many of the rear product codes.

Low = FE2 or about 25mm drop. Superlow = 40-50mm drop. Ultralow = 60-70mm drop.

Superlows will be legal depending on the wheel. Ultras will be illegal regardless and more often than not require a guard roll.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Kings Springs codes have changed a lot in the last few years.

The SL, SSL and SSSL codes are different from spring to spring. Typically Ultralow is SSSL however they are sometimes SSL and it depends on the number prefix. Again, Superlows are typically SL, however can be SSL and they have now started using HD in many of the rear product codes.

Low = FE2 or about 25mm drop. Superlow = 40-50mm drop. Ultralow = 60-70mm drop.

Superlows will be legal depending on the wheel. Ultras will be illegal regardless and more often than not require a guard roll.

Does that include the 2/3 suspension travel rule aswell?

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
well the guy from kings told me that SSL in the rear of my VY ute would be on the border of legal/illegal... but i dont believe him because your only allowed a 2inch drop.... and as stated above.... SSL would be nearly 3inch but i think in mine ill be going lows in the front and superlows in the back.... because i want to keep it legal and the ride will be **** otherwise.... hahaha ive been researching for ages and seem to be going nowhere...