Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kms To A Tank Of Fuel

Bgrade

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Executive S2
I once got about 700ks when i took my 99 VT exec on holidays, but that was all freeway. Usualy i get about 500-550 if i take it easy.

BerlinaBen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 V6 + VZ Acclaim Wagon
On a highway trip using cruise control most of the way I can get close to 1000km on one tank. (Newcastle to Ipswich on one tank and a little left.). I'm not sure if the Berlina has a bigger tank than normal. Trip computer shows this at about 7.3L per 100km I think from memory. With normal driving around town it used to be about 13L per 100km, but lately it is more like 14L per 100km. I always use premium of some description.

brendanteck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec S1
Fuel Economy

I recently got my VX converted to LPG and it gets 13L/100 city driving and I went down to Lakes Entrance and got 9L/100 out of it. So I went 750K's on about $32 of LPG. Didn't notice a power differance while cruising and think it is awsome!

BT

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
my1stVL said:
my mums vt calais gets 1100 out a tank freeway driving and around 600-700 in the city unless im driving it :thumbsup:

How does someone get 1,100 klms out of a tank!

R

robbie77

i got a vt2 sc and get about 350 to 380 lol very jealous :b:

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
digitok said:
Heh, 98 fuel is a waste of money.

Anyway, manuals get better fuel economy than autos, so deserthead's comment sounds about right..

Mine's auto, I usually get around 550.

Cheers

well you obviously havent done your research.
98 fuel is not a waste of money. that is only what people that cant afford it OR dont need it say OR just not car buffs

i worked at BP Kwinana for a while and saw a experiment where they got two engines and ran one on 98 and one on normal 91 for over 100,000km.
the results were pretty interesting.

the 98 had way less carbon build up.
the emmission were mininmal on the 98
the power output was slightly increased
.....etc

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
1100kms is near impossible unless you have a long range tank or it is converted to LPG and the combined usage of both is 1100kms.
----------
at the end of the day, everyone will get different amount of kms from a tank even if the car have the same engine. there are many varinging factors that can affect fuel economy.
the persons point of view of driving 'nicely'
fuel type
condition of the engine
km the engine has done
leads, plugs, throttle body, exhaust, etc

harveyt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
I only got about 420km around town, but I do a lot of short trips.

Steven M

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX BERLINA S2 V6
I manage to get about 510km out of a tank and thats flogging it around too, i use E5 which is the same price as standard unleaded, although when i fill up i tells me that i have 760km to empty.

B

betrayed

Well interesting people on here with fuel . Im an old fella going to the shops and stuff around the place , hilly area. 14L/ 100 klms. auto by the way 99 VT commodore.