Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kooks Exhaust in OZ

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Hi all,
Has anyone in OZ had any experience with Kooks headers and exhausts on their VFs? Our brothers across the pond seem to rate them and from what I can find they sound killer and add a point of difference.

Cheers!

H

harrop.senator

I'd be worried about steering column interference. I had a lot of issues fitting headers to my trans am being RHD.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
LHD headers are not compatible with RHD cars. Steering is an issue.

There are a lot of great products made here in Oz that are as good or better than Kooks.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
LHD headers are not compatible with RHD cars. Steering is an issue.

There are a lot of great products made here in Oz that are as good or better than Kooks.
Thanks mate, I have had Harrop and Difillipo in my time, I love the raspy sound of the Kooks- i reckon i am looking for that kind of sound over the deep Difilippo sound.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
^^^+1, sure are. Manta are good. Made in Australia. PM me for a Just Commodores discount if you're interested.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Thanks mate, I have had Harrop and Difillipo in my time, I love the raspy sound of the Kooks- i reckon i am looking for that kind of sound over the deep Difilippo sound.

It's not so much the headers that give the raspy note, more the cats and the rest of the system.

H

harrop.senator

First time I've heard someone wanting rasp. I'd reccomend an xforce straight rear set up

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

I have the xforce 1&3/4 headers and 3" system that mates to the factory rear mufflers on my Redline. Sound is Raspy over deep which I love. The only down fall, is xforce fit and finish isnt the best and it hangs low.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition