Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

k's to high?

Harley92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 Ecotec 5 SPD
my vx 02 model has 140,000. although this is very low. i would say 200 would be around a good km line. i would say urs has been on the highway a fair bit. engine will last ages man. will last until at least 400,450. no probs. they only wear in at about 100,000 kms

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Import some Auto-RX engine cleaner and give it a good cleanout or run some Diesel oil for a few thousand k's and run some Techron petrol additive(one at Safeway/Caltex) to clean the fuel system and top end etc just before changing out the oil.

By that time, usually springs.shocks, belt, water pump etc may need to or may have been replaced. You usually end up replacing them with better items anyway. Good luck !

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
run some Diesel oil for a few thousand k's

:eek: What is running Diesel oil going to achieve in a positive way? I can think of alot of things its gonig to do wrong.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
diesel oil?:rofl:
ive never heard of this sorry.
haha

skipzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 A4
my s1 VT has 70,000 on the clock and it runs like a bag of sh*t, and its been serviced every 10,000km. Just pray its not a lemon like mine.
NEVER GET GAS FITTED TO YOUR CAR.

Last edited:

JacksonVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2
Don't expect much from a car with high kilometers. You have to expect things are due to fail sooner or later. If no engine then surely, suspension, brakes, tyres, driveline (auto, diff) etc. Have it serviced first if you've just bought it. If it has'nt been serviced reguarly enough (no more than 10,000) run some cleaner through the oil or run diesel oil 15w40 for about 5000km then drain and use normal oil. And for those who go "diesel oil, WTF!", Diesel Engine oil has a higher level of detergents in it then petrol oil. It won't hurt it to run it for 5000-10 000kms

JacksonVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2
Also, chances are, a car at that age will burn oil. So check your oil weekly.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
:eek: What is running Diesel oil going to achieve in a positive way? I can think of alot of things its gonig to do wrong.

Hi Tom

Diesel oil has a very high detergent quality and is used to help flush out the complete oil system immediately prior to an oil change.

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
my 01 vx exec is on 210 and still running great, like others have said if you take care of your car then it doesnt really matter how many ks its done