Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 into VY 5 Speed!

nicko451

Nicko
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive V6 5Spd
have seen some cheap L67's around and was wondering what things would i need to do to get it to bolt up to my VY 5speed?

Cheers

VSSECO

Underdog rebuild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS - 6 pots, 5 cogs
I want to do the same thing... Physically its pretty straight forward and should all bolt up. Engine mounts etc should be the same, but you will need to get your flywheel balanced to the new engine. You'll need the charged fuel pump etc etc.

The only thing that confused me was the computer side of things. I'm not sure if the L67 will run from the manual computer and loom. I'm guessing you'd have to use the L67 loom/computer and get it tuned to turn off all the auto functions and then do some loom modifications to attach speed sensors, reverse lights etc.

Converting to manual was fairly do-able, but I think that if I decide to go L67 then I'd sort of be going backwards a couple of steps... The setup would be a lot more "messy" I think

sandbar1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s/c spak
have seen some cheap L67's around and was wondering what things would i need to do to get it to bolt up to my VY 5speed?

Cheers

Cheap l67,s.....where are they mate??? i need one ,and carnt find one under 2.5k.......

And not a short block anywhere.

cheers davo......

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Cheap l67,s.....where are they mate??? i need one ,and carnt find one under 2.5k.......

cheers davo......

Bought one with 110 xxx complete motor and tranny for 1700 delivered to my door about 4 days ago, just constantly trawl through ebay auctions ending, took me about 6 months to find one reasonably priced, in good condition!

Sasha_85

Rising Sun Base Jumping
Reaction score
Members Ride
Type R Integra, VE SV6, L67 VS
i just finished convertin my VS with the L67
wasnt too hard of a job and i still running the auto but i put a shift kit into tho just incase ...

its pretty straight forward job :)

and i agree on price there some with good price i got mine with 100k's with loom and ecu but had upgraded 9psi pulley for $1300 but thats without the ladyboy (tranny)

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
i'm thinking of doing this in the future however i wouldnt trust the stock 5 speed to last very long especially if you start upping the boost

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67

cheers davo......

PM chargedvx6 on this forum, he currently has one for sale, just been rebuilt, $1950.00 I think

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
i'm thinking of doing this in the future however i wouldnt trust the stock 5 speed to last very long especially if you start upping the boost

i use the stock 5 speed with my raptor supercharger 10 psi boost and have had no problems with it. its been charged now for about 30,000+ kms now

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
i just finished convertin my VS with the L67
wasnt too hard of a job and i still running the auto but i put a shift kit into tho just incase ...

In case of what?