Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Latest VE Pictures

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Redlinemaloo.jpg

My 2 dirty utes.............

Grumpyoldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS-V Z Sedan Perfect Blue
Hey Waynebatt how long did it take to get from the day you ordered it? And did the dealer ring you and let you know when the build date was going to be after you ordered it? I am waiting on my new MY13 SSV Z as well.

Wongsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 SS-Z Ute Manual
IMAG1700.jpg

This is my brand spanker SSZ ute which I picked up a month ago.

Literally vanilla at the moment but planning to fit X-Force or KPM 3" catback soon (still debating sound vs cost).

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Are the wheels factory SSV? or should I say Z !:hmmm:

Hey mate, Nah they're not the standard wheels. We chose them as a HSVi option about 4 days before we picked it up hahaha. They're 20" Sabre wheels (in silver). It was a $2400 option AFTER receiving the $1575 rebate for the standard wheels and tyres. It was already at the dealer on a tuesday however we were not going to be able to pick it up until saturday due to work. Once they sent me a pic of it in the showroom me and the missus decided the 19's just weren't going to cut it hahahaha (they are 19" Polished wheels that look like the 20" Supersports but only smaller). And seeing as we couldn't find any aftermarket wheels we liked, we decided to go the Genuine Holden 20" Sabre wheels as they clear the Brembo's, weigh less and are stronger, and also still look great. We told them we wanted the sabres and they arranged for someone from HSVi to come fit the wheels and and tyre placard/complience plates before we picked it up on the saturday.... Now we just gotta lower her onto them a bit hahaha. Sorry for the long answer :) Probably a lot more than u even wanted to hear hahaha

Last edited:

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey Waynebatt how long did it take to get from the day you ordered it? And did the dealer ring you and let you know when the build date was going to be after you ordered it? I am waiting on my new MY13 SSV Z as well.

Hey there mate,

the story about the car isn't quite straightforward so i'll try explain it without boring you too much haha.

Basically, we ordered it during the 4 day weekend sale holden did back in Jan. Ordered on Jan 19th on the basis that they would just source one from another dealer somewhere. The ONLY chlorophyll one in NSW sold that weekend, so they talked us into perfect blue as there was two available. But then they found out that those two both sold the same weekend too..... By the time all this went down it was the following weekend. They then said "give us a few days and we'll sort something out"..... called us back a few days later and said they were going to build us one from the factory for the same price that we agreed on for a 2012 plate clearance stock vehicle......

So i guess the final "ORDER" was placed on Jan 28th. He told me he would call with more info once he could get a build schedule. Apparently there was 3 SSV-Z sedans scheduled to be built before the end of Feb but they were all Black ones, he put in a request and got one changed to Chlorophyll as i made it very clear i didn't wanna be stuffed around and wanted the car ASAP. It was a success and he showed me the car was booked in for a build date of 18th Feb. I called him on Friday 22nd Feb as i hadn't heard from him and he said his internal holden tracking system told him the car was finished and just had to wait for a shipment number to confirm delivery date..... Then called on Monday and said the car would be there the next day.....

Long story short, we finally "ordered the NEW car" on Jan 28th, car arrived at the dealer on Feb 26th.

When did you order yours??? If they're still not giving you a build date or anything make sure you get on there back about it, hassle them. Make them want to get it over and done with so you leave them alone. That's why i did, seemed to work pretty well haha. Squeeky wheel gets the oil....

They should be able to give you more info, Holden's internal operations and production scheduling system has just changed to something which i am told is far more advanced and gives the dealers a lot more info than before..... so yeah, just hassle them!!! After i called to find out if it was built he was able to tell me dates and times that each part of the car went on and everything....

Sorry for the long winded answer :(

Grumpyoldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS-V Z Sedan Perfect Blue
My car was ordered on the 21st Feb. The only thing I have heard from the dealer was the sales person called me and said he was going on holidays for 2 weeks and would get in touch with me when he got back. Maybe I should call the dealer and ask if they know when the build date will be? Plus living in Brisbane it will take a few days to get here from Adelaide.So it looks like it takes about 4 days to build? Thanks.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
My car was ordered on the 21st Feb. The only thing I have heard from the dealer was the sales person called me and said he was going on holidays for 2 weeks and would get in touch with me when he got back. Maybe I should call the dealer and ask if they know when the build date will be? Plus living in Brisbane it will take a few days to get here from Adelaide.So it looks like it takes about 4 days to build? Thanks.

Yeah id call the dealer, tell them you want to talk to the stock controller. If you ordered it on 21st of feb it should be scheduled for production already, in which case he will be able to give you that date. At WORST he'll say it doesn't have a scheduled date yet, but at the very least they can definitely look it up for you...... Yep 4 day build and then allow 2-3 days for it to travel from the factory to the dealer. Then probably another few days to fit the tow pack and other things you've optioned (saw on another post haha)....

Congrats mate, she's a beautiful ride :)

donthree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA
My ride

new picks of my VE BERLINA

Attachments

• car for sale ve Berlina 004.jpg
    car for sale ve Berlina 004.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 394
  • car for sale ve Berlina 007.jpg
    car for sale ve Berlina 007.jpg