Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leaking coolant - radiator removal

da_warped_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
I found coolant leaking from underneath my radiator somewhere, not sure what's the cause or where the leak is. The coolant reservoir was empty and the engine was slightly low on coolant.

Im removing the radiator to find the source of the leak, however before removing the auto transmission lines, do i need to plug up the lines when i remove the quick connect fittings and if so what do people use?

Cheers!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
A minimal amount will leak out. You'll be right. Just recheck the level when you start the car up again

da_warped_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
So if i take apart the quick release fitting only very minimal fluid will come out?

Brenah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
Yes.
You might get 50mls DRIP out (it wont flow out). Just put a drip tray underneath. And Top up you're tranny oil once you finish

Brendan

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
befor you go pulling the radiator out why not try see if its the hose that is leaking it seems a bit sill to pull it out to find a leak if its just the hose or just take the car in and get pressure tested that will find the leak 4 you.

boycott

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005/sv6
i had this problem
get it fixed!

had heater tap replaced. did not fix it.
was seeping out of another tap but cant remember which one, after seeing 4 mechanics one seen the coolant stains and said it needed to be replaced. never had a leak since :))