Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

leather seats in a vr

94commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Executive
hey guys, i have a 94 vr and i want to put leather sets in. So far ive come up with a couple of ideas being i find some vt leather seats and chuck them in or buy leather trim for the standard seats in it and replace the fabric trim with the leather. Just wondering wat people were thinking and if the had any other ideas maybe?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
hey guys, i have a 94 vr and i want to put leather sets in. So far ive come up with a couple of ideas being i find some vt leather seats and chuck them in or buy leather trim for the standard seats in it and replace the fabric trim with the leather. Just wondering wat people were thinking and if the had any other ideas maybe?

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vt-vx-retrofit-guide-vn-vp-vr-vs.59801
re cloth old vs seats with leather is going to cost you at few bucks( spend the cash on power mods,vt brakes,cai,pacemakers,also a set of leather out of a vt will cost around $500 to $700 depending on the wreckers ( if indeed thay have it)

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
There are a few on ebay for VR/VS from the Calais,caprice,Statesman ect but finding a mint sets getting pretty hard
You could even go a set of custom made ones for the original seats (I like these)
REBORN LEATHER SEAT COVERS FOR HOLDEN COMMODORE VT VX VY VZ VE VH VL VN VP VR VS | eBay
Im not sure about the VT ones as pretty sure some of the later model seats had different rails fitted and can get costly retro fitting them legally

94commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Executive
cheers guys thats helped me out alot i checked out the leather upolstry on ebay and i think i might be easier to do than trying to retro fit a vt seat legally and dont worry the rest of the cars gonna get done its a slow proccess project