Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED Daytime Running Lights

Benzemo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
I have just purchased some aftermarket headlights for my Series II SSV Redline, with the LED DRL fitted. The wiring for the LED's is connected to the park light wiring, but I want them to turn on when the engine is running, regardless of whether the lights are on or not. Does anyone know where I could find a +12Vdc feed that would allow me to do this?

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
I have just purchased some aftermarket headlights for my Series II SSV Redline, with the LED DRL fitted. The wiring for the LED's is connected to the park light wiring, but I want them to turn on when the engine is running, regardless of whether the lights are on or not. Does anyone know where I could find a +12Vdc feed that would allow me to do this?

This thread may have the info you're after: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/wiring-up-additional-front-driving-lights-ve.231508

SSexy-1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SSV Series 2 Ute

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
that is for driving lights like high beam. where as he wants to know about DRLs, like on the headlights.

sorry OP...SSexy's right
whoop...I thought I linked you to the correct one of million VE DRL/Fog/Driving threads that noted the 12v power/feed

either way, above link will I'm sure help out others in the future :)

g8carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore from Pont G8
I got a set of LED DRL fog surrounds off ebay about a year and a half ago. Problem I had was that they only came on with the parking lights and it's illegal to drive with only your parking lights in California. I don't know if having the fogs on plus parking lights or the DRLs plus parking lights would negate that, but I didn't want to risk it. The instructions that came with mine had a photo of the fuse block under the bonnet, showing a screwdriver pointing at a 10A fuse, saying to unplug that fuse and "... plug in Part 1 instead". I wrote the seller and he suggested moving the plug to a different 10A fuse, the one on the bottom left labeled "IGN". Now they come on, at full brightness, any time the key is in the "on" position. They stay at full bright with the parkers, but dim when the headlights are on. Here's a link to my post, with pictures, on the G8 board (Pontiac G8 Forum Home). VE LED-DRL Conversion - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

Maybe this can help you. Good luck.

robbo59

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sportswagon
I have led strip drls just under my headlights.... I cut a V in the rear of the fusebox and put the wire into the ing relay works fine no need for lights on does what they are suppose to do as for night well they stay on.