Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

led strips on ve

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
My latest project is to fit LED strips to my Omega. Mainly to enhance safety.

The red LED strips are not as bright as current brake globes just below 900 mcd so no where near to cause glare to other motorist. There within ADR design guidelines and legal for street use.

The rear LEDs are only on when the parkers/headlights are on.

I had previously had white LEDs for DRL headlights on but were damaged while installing and am waiting for brand new units to arrive.

rear-led.jpg

Can't really notice the LEDs unless you get up close. Very disceet.
rear-day.jpg

LEDs looks nice at night and clearly visible.
rear-night.jpg

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Looks good mate, how are they held on there?

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
they're gel glued to the underside of the tail lights. the LEDs were very tricky trying to keep it straight as they are flexible (with enough flex can damage the circuit of the LEDs). Had to tape it down tight while the glue dried, afterwards then removed the tape.

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
update: finally the white LEDs arrived to replace the damaged ones of my last install.

had to remove the whole front bumper for access underneath the headlights where i fitted them. i wasn't gonna go through the hassles of baking the headlights and installing internally...

again, only LEDs operated on parkers/low beam switched on.

front-day.jpg

something tells me i should've bought a longer strip to make it go the full length of the headlights.... oh well, i'll just settle for this.

i could always opt for white LED parkers to closely match the strips but i previously had many LED parkers which would die within months of using them. i figure the headlight bulbs make the parker LEDs too hot to operate and often would melt or fail altogether.

front-led-night1.jpg

photos ain't the best... better seen in person. it rocks.

front-led-night2.jpg

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
update: finally the white LEDs arrived to replace the damaged ones of my last install.

had to remove the whole front bumper for access underneath the headlights where i fitted them. i wasn't gonna go through the hassles of baking the headlights and installing internally...

again, only LEDs operated on parkers/low beam switched on.

something tells me i should've bought a longer strip to make it go the full length of the headlights.... oh well, i'll just settle for this.

i could always opt for white LED parkers to closely match the strips but i previously had many LED parkers which would die within months of using them. i figure the headlight bulbs make the parker LEDs too hot to operate and often would melt or fail altogether.

You should try the Philips Crystal vision globes to match the LED's you hav on the front... They are much closer white to your leds and are just as reliable as ur standard globes...