Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED tail light globes

norv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
can i add something, i used to have smd led parkers, and one day i noticed that one of them had blown/melted inside the headlight, leaving melted plastic down on the reflector, and ill never get this off unless i buy a new headlight, so my advice is not to go with cheap chinese made led/smd lights...

were they melted fromn the headlight globe? LED's do not generate heat

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
possiby mate, but it looked like they exploded first (maybe from going over a bump) and then melted in the heat of the bulb

vn4250

vedelta
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega & VP Exec
i had similar cheap smd parker bulbs from china and they were crap as anything, each only lasted a month and couldn't take the heat of the headlight bulbs. waste of money, luckily they're only cheap. i went back to using narva white parker bulbs.

norv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Pics of the globes

here are the pics of the globes i put in, first one is on parkers the second on brake. i believe that the interference is where i am situated and the radio signal, after driving into the city the other day there was no interference with the radio and brake lights at all, so it probably is the signal strength of the radio station.

Attachments

• Parkers.jpg
    Parkers.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,069
  • Brake.jpg
    Brake.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,394

NanoBear

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive wagon (soon)
I think the interference is more likely to be due to loose connections than the LEDs themselves. Possibly a sign of bad workmanship in the manufacturing process?

Ultimate LED

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Thunder Ute
Hi norv
I have fitted quality LED tail light globes to my car and have had no issues at all.
I bought them from ultimateledlights.com.au Give them a call

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Shameless plug or honest mistake? Necrophilia is social taboo!

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
For on-road use, you can do anything you like to your lights - so long as it complies with all ADR (Australian Design Rules) that applied to your vehicle at time of manufacture.

All complying bulbs sold in Australia would be marked with the "E" mark and possibly the words "Suitable for European Use". The packaging may also indicate compliance with ADR 51 or ECE 37.

https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2006L01433