Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LEGO builds

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Mr9 sits down and makes this after dinner.
He is on new ADHD medication and his focus is amazing now.

It’s a mini train set.
IMG_3718.jpeg

That’s a mountain in the back left corner.

People are the yellow dots.

IMG_3717.jpeg

Some cars (mini figure roller skates)

IMG_3716.jpeg

He used mini figure roller skates as wheels for the train too.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
He just came back. In the time it took for me to post it he did this.

IMG_3722.jpeg

Now it’s on a table and this guy is on the phone telling his mates about his train set.
IMG_3721.jpeg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Woohoo, my local store is having a clearance sale. Picked up the Lego Icons Dried Flowers set as well as the Star Wars Captain Rex and Commander Cody Helmet sets all at 30% off. That's a few more Xmas items sorts :)

Definitely going to have to extend the shelving in the back bedroom now.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
This is what I got for a belated Christmas present ........... with the instructions from offspring that I was to complete it without any help.
Note that the box is endorsed 'expert' ........... I am not .......................... :( Pretty much a Lego virgin.
Yeah ............ thanks for that.

LEGO® Creator Expert Ford Mustang

Grandson #3 got impatient with my drawn out searching for bits, and inexpert fumbling.
I did the base, he sort of took over from there, and generously let me do the front seats. I got more enjoyment out of watching him put it together than trying to do it myself.
It is big, 350mm ............ 100mm longer than a 1.18 Mustang.
Bonnet, doors, and boot open, adjustable rear suspension height, optional supercharged engine. NSW plates BAD 5296 (??)

Today I reduced the Mustang back to its 1,471 bits, because I was told to do it by the family experts, who reckon they should not be left completed for a long time. Grandson # 3 who built it while I watched agrees. They said it, so I did it it.
Bit sad about pulling it apart, because I think that they are a display item.
My point is, Lego comes in bags marked to build section 1, which is then connected to whatever comes next. Now I have plastic box full of bits which have to found before assembling section 1, but ........... :rolleyes: ............ next assembly won't be by me.
Next will be the Mini, which has been on the shelf for about 8 years.
They won't be for sale, just put in a cabinet for whatever whenever.

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd build it and display it. What's the point of having it if it just sits in a box in the back of the wardrobe?

My Saturn 5 is on permanent display as is Grogu in the living room/dining room area's and the boys have multiple sets in their bedrooms (or what was their bedroom).

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I have most of mine scattered around the house, there are a couple in with the model car collection as we haven't worked out a home for that yet.
I never considered pulling them apart and rebuilding them. I like to build them, then I like to look at them on display.

I only have a couple in my to build pile. I just haven't allocated some time to sit and play with those yet.

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I only have a couple in my to build pile. I just haven't allocated some time to sit and play with those yet.

That's Xmas day for us. After the kids opened their presents and we had done brunch it was time to build Lego and make a start on the books the they had received.

When they were little I had to build the sets for em or help build them but as they got older my services were no longer required :(

Now I get my own set some years. Tradition is tradition. I have a set for Mr23 and I'll probably send a set over to Mr25 who is currently is Brisbane.

I bought the Saturn 5 set when I had my arm/shoulder injury, I used that to help build strength and fine motor skills after surgery. At first I could only work on it for about 10-15 minutes before the arm gave out.