Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

levymetal's VP CALAIS HSV ENHANCED 5LTR

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
meanvn, do you do interior work? if so, i may want to speak to you depending on what you do. need a bit of leather repaired on my seat

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
hokay, some new photos, and another update :)

today i decided to **** around with the timing, it's being all gay and ****. long story short - my timing is currently on 16 degrees, so i changed it back to 10 and put foamies tune in, but it still won't idle properly on it so he thinks i may have a cam. my current chip must be really weird, it runs no advance at idle (which is why i guess my timing is on 16 degrees :p)

and here is the promised photo of 6x9s. the parcel shelf was already botched, looks a lot better now. usually i hate spacers but these angled vinyl covered aerpro ones look really nice :)
vp_rear_6x9s.jpg

HERE is the powerhouse. i'm going to paint the rocker covers red soon, any ideas on what i should do with the bananas? like how to clean that ugly crap peeling white paint off with it in the car?
vp_yucky_engine.jpg

and finally, a cheeky little rear shot i decided to take when i was looking at the car. haven't washed it in about 2 months, no idea how it stays this clean haha. just look at the brake dust on the wheels though - it's 1cm thick!
cheeky_rear_shot.jpg

sv3800#055

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SV3800
**** you got a bargain mate, any big plans for it?

Andrew

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
lol the purchase price was pretty good, but can't say much for the repairs so far!

plans? hmm... main thing is to keep it as a daily driver.
so i was thinking top mount supercharger. but been talking to some people, and it seems that i'll probably end up blowing a seal sooner or later.
pavtek do a nice ~320kw 355, but i have no idea what else is required for that. probably a highish stall, then i'd probably need to rebuild my transmission as well, and rebuild the diff...
LS2 conversion? i don't know much about them, but that could be nice as well, don't know how much more that would end up being over the 355, but the bonus is that it would be more drivable.

i really like the supercharger idea, and it's something i could do myself, but yeah i don't really know yet. if it wasn't enough power then i'd kick myself because i wouldn't know what to do next.

i'm thinking about some 3.7 gears for now, my cars bottom end is real **** but i'm quite happy when it gets up, so maybe i'll leave it at that and get a new toy instead :p

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
here are some stats to gander at, thinking it has a cam now. **** down low, good up top.
18.3m: 2.52s
100.6m: 6.57s
201.2m: 9.85s @ 123.48km/h
304.8m: 12.66s
402.3m: 15.03s @ 154.84km/h

Acceleration
0-25km/h: 1.20s
0-50km/h: 2.75s
0-100km/h: 7.05s
0-150km/h: 14.14s

no idea what to do about diff gears, will be driving 580KMs a week @ 100km/h, so i don't think diff gears are going to do me too good :(

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i should find my ALDL cable for you. plug that up to a laptop and get some readouts from it maybe. dunno if that could help find if it has a cam or not