Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS3] Light mods with or without tuning

yescooling

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dream a commodore redline
Hi guys
I'm new to mods. I have read at least 30 threads about light mods :OTR CAI for commodore/HSV and exhaust upgrade.
My questions are: 1, if I just equip OTR ( for the sensational sound) and exhaust upgrade without a tune. Shall I receive a bit extra power or fuel economy improvement? Will it increase the tear and wear of the engine?
2, if I later on decide to tune, depends on the tune, will the extra power squeezed by the tune damage the engine in a long run?
Thanks in advance

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
1. Most likely have more power and economy, yes it will wear out your accelerator pedal :driving:
2. no it won't as long as the tune is done correctly. A factory tune is fairly conservative. Tuning actually involves correct air/fuel ratio and adding more timing for greater throttle response and power.

ls1mike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Caprice L77
I was going to say exhaust and Intake on the LS1 is well worth it. I have an LS1 Trans am but my exhaust and intake was 28 RWHP without the tune. The tune netted 38!