Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lightning issues VZ Calais

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It could be all sorts of things. Let’s go through the small stuff first.

I recently watched a diagnostic video, the owner had replaced the transmission… twice. Several modules. Changed relays. The car had been at several workshops. Not one person bothered checking the basics and the diag guy found a loose harness earth and it fixed everything. Thousands dropped on the car, all for a loose earth.

Do the small stuff first.

Nazza 2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz calais 2004
It could be all sorts of things. Let’s go through the small stuff first.

I recently watched a diagnostic video, the owner had replaced the transmission… twice. Several modules. Changed relays. The car had been at several workshops. Not one person bothered checking the basics and the diag guy found a loose harness earth and it fixed everything. Thousands dropped on the car, all for a loose earth.

Do the small stuff first.
i forgot to mention i was putting hid globes in my car of a ballast the globe touched the car so im thinking thats how i could have shorted everything

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Lol. Interior lighting issues
Yeah,it was a joke as that’s what I thought …. but …
i forgot to mention i was putting hid globes in my car of a ballast the globe touched the car so im thinking thats how i could have shorted everything
now we are back to lightning :eek:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
That’s important info.

Check all your fuses. If you have done that, go back through them using a multimeter set to continuity. Touch onto the contacts each side of the fuses.
Not just the ones relative to lighting. Off the top of my head, I can’t say which ones so to be sure, check all of them. It’s not hard. It’s not time consuming. Locate relative relays and swap with known ones that work.

Nazza 2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz calais 2004
That’s important info.

Check all your fuses. If you have done that, go back through them using a multimeter set to continuity. Touch onto the contacts each side of the fuses.
Not just the ones relative to lighting. Off the top of my head, I can’t say which ones so to be sure, check all of them. It’s not hard. It’s not time consuming. Locate relative relays and swap with known ones that work.
im thinking it could be my interior light compartment. so with switch off if i manually use light buttons the front interior lights work abd my rear lights in the back work. if i use the main switch on my interior lights it blows the fuse straight away

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Make sure the interior lights in the back, up where the Jesus handles are, make sure they are not contacting the body behind. You said you used LEDs? The heat sink might be just touching the metal?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
im thinking it could be my interior light compartment. so with switch off if i manually use light buttons the front interior lights work abd my rear lights in the back work. if i use the main switch on my interior lights it blows the fuse straight away
More information is good.
Remove the bulbs. Add one at a time until you find which one is doing it.

Reactions: Lex