Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Link Dream Li-Ion battery Review

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Guys/gals.

Recently, more out of trial and error than anything else, I purchased from ebay 3x Link Dream Li-Ion batteries suit Galaxy S5. The standard battery has a charge capacity of 2,800mAh, the Link Dream battery has 'high capacity 3,800mAh'.

I use my phone quite a lot, emails, social networking, calls, text..

On a typical day with my S5, I get through work, and arrive home with around 30% battery remaining.

Yesterday testing hte 3,800mAh battery, I had around 30% at 2pm. Charged while at work until I got to about 50-60%, and my phone died on me about 9pm.

Today, I have just checked the phone at 8:15, and my phone was depleted to around 57%. I have taken the battery and replaced it with the stock Samsung battery (had it as backup in case).

Anyone else used these batteries, which are supposed to be higher capacity?

Or any other type of battery ( which doesn't require a larger backing plate on the phone )

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Never believe any manufacturer that claims a higher capacity battery without it being bigger. Battery life is a huge issue for modern larger screen phone. Don't you think the manufacturers would have put higher capacity batteries in if they could have?

Just get yourself a power bank and leave it at work. Or just take a charger to work.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Haha.. see I was skeptic, don't get me wrong, but I figured for $15 I'd give it a shot. The battery is actually stamped with the mAh capacity on it..

I have a charger at work, but I guess it would be nice to have the extra capacity there..

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Those mAh figures are completely fabricated. China can do whatever they want.

I got a nice 10,000mAh power bank from Amazon US a while back, did a huge amount of research on brands before I got it. It was Chinese but it was legit. Charged my phone 4 times (Galaxy S4), while camping in the middle of nowhere, so I could watch movies.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Any links to this, pal?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina