Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

little door under radio not closing

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Ours is also stuffed so I removed the entire unit and made a more usefull area for the TomTom.

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
Far out. $18 for a clip.
Is it a plastic clip or spring steel.
It looks pretty basic. If it were me I would be finding a bit of plastic and making my own replacement clip.
In fact a friend of mine has this problem too so I'll ask her if she doesn't mind me fixing it for her.
I like the TOM TOM idea.:spot on:

ingram

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX2 Exec
Thank you Gradz for the compartment I really do appreciate it! You've made my car look much nicer now that it's fully intact as it should be! Now I resolve NEVER to touch the bloody thing for fear of it breaking!

Photo%2031-05-12%202%2051%2029%20PM.jpg

milv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
monaro cv8 04
HI All
Thanks to all the forum members who have contribute, geez it makes life easy. just replaced the common faulty piece for the compartment. went to holden spare parts they wanted $31 i ended up getting it for $20 from holden. I only struggled a bit when trying to remove the compartment. for me the easy way was just used a long screw driver on a 45 degree angle and a little pressure and it pulled out.

What i found funny is i had a look at my old Akia telly and on the front panel there was the same piece i need for the compartment.

d.k.vmatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VZ SS
This helped me alot as i have to replace mt whole unit as someone was nice enough to break the door of mine.... GRRRR

Promotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore International Dual Fuel LPG / UL
Went to buy one of these clips today they wanted $28 for it these days, I left without the part.