Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'LJ' Torana Springs does this..

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Yeah i should've specified. Sorry

I have Pedders all round. Fronts are shortened, but no-one offers a rear shortened.

I don't know what IRS Commy shockers look like but years ago I found LH/X torana shock absorbers were about 2" shorter than that in a VK I lowered and they were *magnificent*. The car went from something that was as soft as a bag of marshmellows (at the rear) to something that really handled. It might be an option for you.

Reaper

......hmmmmm - kinda ironic suggestion for this thread :D

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Nah, the normal length shockers aren't a problem. People say that without shorter ones the springs will fall out when jacked up, and me changing tyres almost weekly have never had that problem.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
im not worried about tha springs fallin out, as i no they dont, im just after new shcks as my current ones are getting towards the end of there dais, and running ultras it means tha shocks are always compressed abit, so theres hardly any travel left in them, and tha travel they do have is **** (thats wat tha bloke at autobarn told me)
but i figured if i got shorter shocks it may help drop that extra couple of mm out tha bak end plus ride a hell of alot better

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Your shockers wont change your ride height at all (if thats what you ment by dropping a few extra mm), they just push you wheels to the ground.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
I had some springs in my VQ that were from a vs rear end i got for my rear end conversion.They look like stock springs but they dropped the car 40mm lower than the lows i have(i think they are lows).The car sat real nice and drove well.After a bit of a run-in with the boys in blue i decided to take them out and fit the kings back in.not happy thats it up but damn it rides much better now.Pays to get the right springs for the job.

sim_vs

can't work out avatars :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
i ended up spending $1500 on the suspension in my statesman, the shockers where already done from the previous owner, just normal pedders short shocks, after the camber kit and every single bush i could find was replaced it ended up being just over 1g. the countless spring combinations i went thro to get the rite balance so i could b slammed into the weeds but also still drive it everyday cost a fair bit aswell. but my car was so stupidly stiff and low, 40mm off the deck it didn't move at all, but wasn't uncomfortable to drive in.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
lets also take into consideration ive replaced almost every bush myself as well, my car handles like a dream, I choose saftey over looks for sure, I spent the money I was saving for cosmetic work on bushes and suspension.
Out of curiosity, how much difference did the bushes make? Did you use nolathane or similar? I keep putting off replacing the ones in my 2 cars. How much for the full set of bushes (roughly)?
running ultras it means tha shocks are always compressed a bit, so theres hardly any travel left in them, and tha travel they do have is **** (thats wat tha bloke at autobarn told me)
but i figured if i got shorter shocks it may help drop that extra couple of mm out tha bak end plus ride a hell of alot better
Do you still have ultras? I'm looking at putting ultra lows all round in my VR SS but I have 19s + 245s and don't want to do it if it's just going to rub like a bitch all the time. I've just fixed a guard rub problem with slight rolling in the rears and I'm only on Lovells lows (I think)! Any info on the Ultras setup would be appreciated.
40mm off the deck it didn't move at all, but wasn't uncomfortable to drive in.
What setup was that? I need to drop my VR further but don't know what setup to go with.

In my VN V6 I've used King Superlows all 'round mated with Koni adjustable shocks at each corner and adjustable strut tops up front. Still to do: bushes, strut brace, sway bar and links, adjustable panhard rod. Can't go any lower than superlows because of the VX clubby bodykit :)