Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

loans

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
<p>
yeah tbh I meant if you had a few property's actually, most people dont even finish paying a house off, they buy it for 200,000 hold onto it for a year and spend some cash on it and try to make an extra hundred thou or so by selling up.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>the aim of the game is ALWAYS (from a personal investment POV) to pay off your principle residence as soon as possible. you don't make money on the property you live in by not paying it off.

Rentals can run self-sufficiently on and interest-only repayment if you hold onto them for the right amount of time, so yes, you don't need to worry about ever paying them off.

your tenants are paying the interest through rent and you just take the benefits when you sell in 5-10 years or whatever you feel the market is doing in your area. You actually want to make it look as though the rental property is running you dry, or at least to a loss. put a few thou here or there, show that you added a bit to cover the interest or loan (be it a lack of equity or whatever), claim your mortgage insurance as a deduction and if you are lucky youll push yourself into a lower tax bracket!!!

your investment should never cost you money from your own pocket. pay off your own house, use the equity to get an investment, use mortgage insurance for as close to 100% finance as you can get and let your tennants make you some long term money.

Im no David Kosh, so there will be bits i missed but thats what im doing.

loans are simple if you spend the time to work it out. people also work out very soon that loans for yourself, be it your own car, or own residence are the ones that are going to cost you lots of your hard earneds.</p>

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
In the 'wise' (cough) words of Paul Clitheroe, Pay off your mortgage, put money in the bank and save. Investments are only for the rich and I'm rich you're not.

He should be shot.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
In the 'wise' (cough) words of Paul Clitheroe, Pay off your mortgage, put money in the bank and save. Investments are only for the rich and I'm rich you're not.

He should be shot.

yes, shoot him now.... considering you only have to have some of your mortgage under control and don't have to have any more money to get investments... who is he? hell im a school teacher and i can shoot his theory to bits!!!!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
He's the dikhead that was offering financial advice on one of the auction type tv shows. Did a lot of radio spots a few years ago as well. Not around much on air any more....wonder why.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
He's the dikhead that was offering financial advice on one of the auction type tv shows. Did a lot of radio spots a few years ago as well. Not around much on air any more....wonder why.
yes, someone who has their head screwed on properly and who knows how to manage money is a dikhead..

did you happen to watch the show on ten where he was helping people save money? he has some of the best advice and tips for getting ahead in life. i know i would rather follow his advice and own 3 house by the time im 50 then to try and go at it alone and still be paying off the first house at that same stage in life.

atleast his advice isnt to get yourself into thousands in credit card debit at age 19 and then be paying it off 5 years later and having no chance at ever owning a house because you have such a piss poor credit rating

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
yes, someone who has their head screwed on properly and who knows how to manage money is a dikhead..

did you happen to watch the show on ten where he was helping people save money? he has some of the best advice and tips for getting ahead in life. i know i would rather follow his advice and own 3 house by the time im 50 then to try and go at it alone and still be paying off the first house at that same stage in life.

atleast his advice isnt to get yourself into thousands in credit card debit at age 19 and then be paying it off 5 years later and having no chance at ever owning a house because you have such a piss poor credit rating

the advice quoted above was far from intelligent though. you can pay your house off (ill have done so by 28) and then buy more houses without it costing you a cent. his advice was not going to help anyone...

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover

I'm 38 and own 70% of 3 houses. Didn't follow his advice because he considered what I had in mind too risky. Not that he knew of my circumstances, but in his theory I was taking a risk. I just don't like his thinking on money thats all. I read a book called 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad', changed my life. I think it may have been a bit unnecessary to call him a dikhead. Sorry Paul.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
lol @ all the bankers on this board.