Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lookin at mufflers

lachiemate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
No idea, but second hand stock SSV mufflers would be way cheaper anyway.

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
I'm wanting to do the same. Find some 2nd hand SS or SSV manual with the full twin tip. The AFM (auto) ones have a single outlet into a twin tip & are not as good.
Send a PM to Foggsy, he had a mate change a full system over (he is in NW suburbs) & had a set to sell, was a bit much for me, if that helps?

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
hey boys, driving round in a 2010 ve sv6 and kinda wanna do something to the exhaust and reading up on a few posts saw that chucking on some ss mufflers give it an alright sound, after looking round i saw these ones but arent they just the same as the stock sv6 mufflers just with dual tip?

Holden Commodore Sedan VE VF SS SSV SV6 HSV R8 Clubsport Exhaust Mufflers 3inch | eBay

That's pretty expensive and looks like aftermarket so who knows how they would sound.

Guessing what you have been reading, you want original VE SS/HSV NON-AFM mufflers. So buy 2nd hand, they are pretty cheap these days. They have the dual tips, but also give a bit of tone. Not real loud, but definatly better then no sound imo lol

Its just our luck that SS and HSV's come stock silent, why alot of people upgrade their systems, which in return sell on for us V6 users to pick up a deal on lol

BlackPhoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
As long as your SV6 is a ute then no worries. I like the sound the dual tip SS mufflers give on my SV6. If you have a Sedan or Wagon then those will not work.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Why ??????????????????????????????

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
I think the utes have different mounting position & brackets

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
They look pretty close to mine, but i guess a few CMs off can mean a big difference with alignment. Especially trying to make it look right from the back..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The tail pipes are longer on the ute and the brackets are in a different spot. You need sedan ones if yours is a sedan.