Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at a VY 25th Anniversary

monolith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB
Hi,
Another Should I? thread.
I haven't had much to do with Commodore's since I owned a VB when it was about as old as the VY is now.
I am looking at a 2004 25th Anniversary in Turbine as a first car for my son.
It has about 138,000kms and looks very stock and tidy with new tyres and towbar.
Seller is asking $6k for it.
Is there anything I should be really keeping an eye out for in particular?
Any suggestions or comments appreciated.
Cheers.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
$6k sounds OK with those sort of k's and the 25th anniversary has a lot of extras and as far as I can tell it's more or less a Berlina without the high level dash and climate control. You jst have to watch out for the standard Commodore things on these such as any coolant leaks, proper servicing incl. all fluids changed when recommended at the least.
I've had one for about 5 years and it had about 120,000 on it when I got it, full Holden service history and it has never been a problem. The only thing it has had is a bit of shudder in the steering while parking it and the drivers door is a bit rattly oh and one of the rear doors used to leak and the back foot well got filled up with water but that was only because someone had been inside the door and did not refit the plastic behind the door trim properly.

If it runs smoothly and feels nice and tight go for it it will probably be a good reliable car for you.

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
+1 for service history!

I bought 9 months ago a VY acclaim wagon with 218k. Few months later had to replace motor because the bottom end went, along with valley and tappet gaskets, power steering/water pump. My bad because I needed a car in a rush. Never again..

Condition, condition, condition.