Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

looking for dyno tune Melbourne under $500

Hym1e

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Very new to dyno's and such, but what is a mail order tune? sounds dodgey...

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Very new to dyno's and such, but what is a mail order tune? sounds dodgey...

Not at all dodgey, unlike mail order brides which more miss than hit.

A mail order tune is just a generic tune to suit a car with your mods. So if you had a car with intake, exhaust, etc you can buy a tune thats been done on the same type of car with the same type of mods to get more power out of it. Ive done it with my supercharged 6 and they just sent me out a chip with the new tune, shift points etc on it. Basically turns out a lot cheaper than having a tuner play around with your with your car on the dyno for a few hours to get every last killerwasp out of it, but it wont make as much power

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Actually tuners that do remapping/tuning on a dyno start off with a generic tune (previous tune from another vehicle) and load that, then set other parameters that your car would need, this was done with my car when it was just a mafless from a reputable shop here in brissy

But there a some tuners with dyno that will just load a generic tune and give a power run, print the dyno sheet and be on your way
the only way to tell this is with a before and after printout....check the times the runs were done if they are within 1/2 an hour I'd say just a generic so you'd be better off with a cheaper mailorder

Don't be put off by this go and talk to a tuner (eg.chevs/ lsx garage)and ask whats being done its the only way to find out if they want the best for you and your goals

4wheelinls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ralliart
Don't get a mail order, OzTrack is very good but nothing compares to doing your car. What car and mods? I do a Maf tune from $550 in a manual trans car with stock engine and bolt ons, more for Mafless and auto but a stock engine never over $750, boosted and big cam stuff is more time consuming and more costly.

Joel