Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for my old vn caliais (rego;tryan8) hsv tag 187 5.9lt stroker

bradman

Reaction score
Members Ride
walky
Hi guys,
Not to sure if this is the right section but was wondering if any one knows of this car or maybe the new owner?
I spent about two years rebuilding the thing and have always regreted selling it!
Its a 1989 vn calais white over a light gold which was a full respray, 18inch light gold gts wheels, had a prostroke 5.9 lt with flow craft heads, had a corvette style auto gear box built by phil sodastrom? but was replaced with a 6 speed manual. Had group a front brakes and dba rears
Full retrimmed sv 5000 interiour and full climate set up.
Had vn ss group a twin throttles but these were removed just before i sold it.
I had fully rebuilt every part of this car and just wonder if its still around?
It had a hsv tag 187 And also plates that i got for it were TRYAN8
If any one here can shed some light on this car it would be great, I sold it about 5 years ago and told the bloke if ever he sells it let me know.
I seen it in the trading post about 1 year after that and that was the last time i saw it, Just wonder if it got wrote off or well looked after
Cheers Brad

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Probably got pulled to bits and sold off. Most VN's are heading that way - busted into little bits.

Good luck on the search - you never know it may just be waiting for a buyer.

bradman

Reaction score
Members Ride
walky
nah i dont know unless it was smashed im thinking it might still be out there,
It was too nice to wreck

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
maybe try the motor reg place, they prob wont give you the address name or number of the current owner however you could ask them to contact the owner for you and give them your details. i was trying to find the name of a owner of a car once due to an insurance claim, i called the insurance company and this is what they did for me.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
i know of him. (didnt know it was in trading post a year ago though) seen him a couple of times when i had cruised with another mate who knew him.

is a freaking insane looking car. here are 2 pics from C4C last yr. A forum member on here SHOULD know him... il get the forum members name for u.. and u can PM him and see if he knows abt it.
Forum members name white vn ss PM him, and ask him. he should know of it, thru his work (if he still works at holden)
vn2.jpg

vn1.jpg

Cheers Marc.

Last edited:

bradman

Reaction score
Members Ride
walky
Hahaha thats it Thats the one.
I knew it would be out there somewhere!
Yeah it was in the tradie, I sold it to a bloke in sheppeton and i think he put it in the tradie.
Not a big fan of the gauges but each to there own and those wheels are different.
Maybe i am bias but i still think its the best looking vn calais in oz
Cheers

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
it is a very nice sounding car (last time i heard it) it looks alot better in person.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Yeah, that car is INSANE!!!!
Last bloke i knew who had it was from the hastings area some where, mates with lance and all them crew at holden, he might of even worked there.
But was absolutly gorgeous car!!
It was in street machine also in the readers rides section a while back.
Im not sure if that bloke still has it or not though

bradman

Reaction score
Members Ride
walky
Any one know what issue street machine? might have to back order it,
It sounds nice with the fitted gear drive but use to sound **** loads better with the twin throttles i was going to cut the hole in the bonnet and let them poke through but the little bugger fitted with out a hole!
That paint job is the second time i painted that car the first had a pink pearl through it but once i put the car back together it looked gay so i pulled it apart and sprayed it again.
Wish i still had those twin throttles! they on that car sounded orsum!

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
im not sure on the issue of Street Machine, but i do remember seeing it at (wagon wheel) Geoffs house one day. im guna say mid last year, but not certain on it.