Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

looking for work (relocating from WA to NSW)

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Hey Guys,
trying to relocate from WA to NSW, been hunting for work and keep coming up empty. Will take pretty much anything just to get a start over in NSW. Does anyone know of anything or is anyone able to assist?
Thanks for your time.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
You got any certs or anything??

Kinng

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Currently working Security, but no real certs or anything. Will gain any required certs if there is a guaranteed job at the end of it mate.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Army/Navy or Airforce. Chances are you wont be based in NSW, but they'll look after you better then your own mother. :p

Some options in the ADF;

Apprentiship - Getting paid 60K+ (First year) to study and getting a trade in half the time.
RMC Duntroon - Same as above, just a hellova lot more money.
1 Year required service jobs - Last i looked, the ADF had certain jobs that your minimum service was 12 months. Pretty sure thats a freaking win.
Commissioned - Bulk money, bulk benefits. How would you like to never pay health insurance again? How about having your own mess, resturant style?
Non-Commissioned - Still great money, 7:30 - 4:30 days, pretty relaxed, cheap food, cheap accomodation.

If you have a family, it can get tricky. They most they'll have to endure is being moved and you being absent for sometime. If you don't have a family etc, then you're gonna be rolling in cash.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Repco stores in NSW is desperate for staff......Repco staff in Adelaide are being offered $1000 cash if they can find family/friends willing to relocate there for work.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
first time ive heard of someone looking for work in NSW from WA. most people i know are doing/looking for the opposite

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Army/Navy or Airforce.
If you have a family, it can get tricky. They most they'll have to endure is being moved and you being absent for sometime. If you don't have a family etc, then you're gonna be rolling in cash.

What about the forty odd Australian soldiers who have died in the war thats still going now? Is that what you mean by absent for some time?
You sound like a recruitment officer.

Theres always plenty of labouring jobs avaliable at recruitment centres. $1000 a week and a monkey could do it.
Not great work but will keep the cash flowing till you find something decent and there no strings attached.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
What about the forty odd Australian soldiers who have died in the war thats still going now? Is that what you mean by absent for some time?
You sound like a recruitment officer.

This is one of the most ignorant and disrespectful things I've heard in along time.

For the record, i was talking about going bush. Usual for 1-2weeks.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Repco stores in NSW is desperate for staff......Repco staff in Adelaide are being offered $1000 cash if they can find family/friends willing to relocate there for work.

cheers for all the responses. will have a look at repco.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
This is one of the most ignorant and disrespectful things I've heard in along time.

For the record, i was talking about going bush. Usual for 1-2weeks.
If that is one of the most ignorant and disrespectful things you've herd in a long time, you mustn't get out much.
Do you really think joining the army and changing your whole life and not seeing your wife and kids for weeks on end is a good idea?
Hey the guy is down on his job prospects, lets sign him up to the fight for his country.
I have the utter most respect for people who serve but advertising like joining the services is a good thing is wrong in my opinion.
Lets not loose sight of the whole reason your getting paid.
Its advertised as great friendship building and you get to see the world.
In reality your being trained to kill. I would say to the op no matter what you do, dont join the services because you cant find another job. Its not worth it!
Like I said you sound like a recruitment officer.