Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loss of licence

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_berald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
hey guys.
i got done on monday night on the ringroad for speeding. the cop gave me a mandatory 6 months licence suspension. i was supposed to get off my p's at the start of feb. i have a couple of questions.
1. Would i have a leg to stand on if i was to contest it?
2. If i was to try and somehow delay it until after i got off my P's....could i avoid the 6month extention?
3. Are there any other options?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Answer to all 3, take it like a man and accept you ****ed up :p..... Try and contest it but you will only be wasting your time money :)

Also, how quick where you going to loose it for 6 months? you really think there going to let you off after speeding that much? anyway, suck **** and take it on the chin, you ****ed up :p

(NOTE: im all for people stuffing up and then admitting they did, but dont try and weasle out of it)

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
hey guys.
i got done on monday night on the ringroad for speeding. the cop gave me a mandatory 6 months licence suspension. i was supposed to get off my p's at the start of feb. i have a couple of questions.
1. Would i have a leg to stand on if i was to contest it?

Bit hard to even try and answer that with such a lack of information, but generally the answer is "no".

2. If i was to try and somehow delay it until after i got off my P's....could i avoid the 6month extention?

Can't speak for Vic, but in NSW there are certain "administrative flaws" which sometimes cause this kind of thing to happen. It's risky business though, and not guaranteed to work.

3. Are there any other options?

Again, I'm not brushed up on Vic laws, so you'll need to research these options yourself to see if they actually apply to your situation.

You may be eligible for a good behaviour bond. Over here if you have an otherwise clean record you can basically "double or nothing" your suspension. If you stay out of trouble for 6 months you get off, if you do anything you get suspended for much longer than you would have in the first place. Check with VicRoads.

Alternatively, if you have a good reason why you need to drive (for employment or driving invalid relatives etc), then you could try taking the matter to court, where you can plead guilty but also put forward any mitigating circumstances and ask for leniency.

Also, consider Padrickz's option of just taking it on the chin and not speeding next time... :whistling

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Just take the 6 months.. better than it going to court or something. What's there to argue... you were speeding n got caught? Bl you got done on a public holiday.. double D's

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
Did some one say double D's?

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
What does this have to do with Commodore Tuning, Modification and Development

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
What does this have to do with Commodore Tuning, Modification and Development

He now has 6 months to tune, modify and develop his commodore ;)

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
He now has 6 months to tune, modify and develop his commodore ;)

hahahah touche man, this would of fitted in well with our Double Demerits thread haha

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
hahahah touche man, this would of fitted in well with our Double Demerits thread haha
These threads all follow the same trend lol

'I broke the law, how can i rort the system to keep my license'

Status
Not open for further replies.