Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

low cost wideband

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
just got my new NAW 7S wideband yesterday from alan at 14point7.com man what a cool little unit about the size of a tictac packet its the cheapest you can buy.with a digital display included cost was $100US or $150 including the wideband O2 sensor .the guy has a deal going for a limited time of free postage to australia and newzealand.he will also do discounts for group buys not a huge saving but any saving is better than none .can be bought here 14Point7.com NAW_7S it doesnt have any logging software but you can veiw A/F ratio on the laptop via usb or on the digital LED display.will be testing mine on monday will let you guys know how it performs should be good works as expected so far.will hopefully be comparing its readout to the wideband at the dyno shop too when we do a few power runs.heres a pic for good measure.

Attachments

• IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 224

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
nice little unit, hows she go? u given it a run yet? accurate? still cant beat my lil DSE a/f gauge, cost me $40 :p

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha you make me laugh LOL its far superior to a narrowband guage. hopefully monday tuesday she will be installed in plymoth_hemi's vs turbo dump pipe monitoring A/F ratio as we tune the beast cant wait .ive ahd it all fired up on the bench and its all working fine seems to behave like it should

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
lol ur just jealous :p

glad i can humour u :D nar good to hear, quite impressed by the size could be mounted in the dash easy enough without being an eyesore. i want some vid of this when u get it sorted.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you can mount the LED display inside a gutted smoked gauge for a real nice look then hide all the rest under the dash.i think the guys working on making the whole thing inside a guage right now hes just having trouble finding a sorce of empty guages

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i was thinking more along the lines of this...

stealth, viewable, and classy.. although he will need other guages.. i still like it

Attachments

• dash6.jpg
    dash6.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 233

MACE

Reaction score
Be interesting to see how this performs :) As I would like a compact, accurate wide band A/F meter that I could leave in my ride

I have one of these myself, but still is a bit bully for my liking.

Powerdex AFX - Air-Fuel Ratio Monitor with Wide-band Technology

These are better then the PLX and Innovate Motorsport A/F meters IMHO.

The PLX items you can't even recalibrate once the O2 sensor has been used (not good), while the Innovate Motorsport is a good item and there upper spec models have data logging (which the NGK doesn't), however given that NGK make O2 sensors you would think that they would have a better idea how to read them more accurately then many other companies. Plus the price is quite reasonable as well :)

VS_S_PAK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 S PAC Sedan
hey mace,
im wanting to buy the powerdex afx with the NTK sensor as my innovate is way to tempramental with the bosch LSU. did u buy your unit in Australia as i can only find it in the US? i heard must people get it form summit racing.

cheers
Mark

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
thought ide add an update while the threads up top .seems to work fine the refresh rate may be a little high at 10 samples a second but it works great apart from that

MACE

Reaction score
hey mace,
im wanting to buy the powerdex afx with the NTK sensor as my innovate is way to tempramental with the bosch LSU. did u buy your unit in Australia as i can only find it in the US? i heard must people get it form summit racing.

cheers
Mark

ebay :yeah:

thought ide add an update while the threads up top .seems to work fine the refresh rate may be a little high at 10 samples a second but it works great apart from that

As long as it's accurate I suppose that the important thing give people more options then some of the more expensive brand name items :thumbsup: