Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low idle VS ute v6 in Drive and poor fuel economy

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
need the sticker inside under the blue cover

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
Okay, I changed the memal to the original VS one. It doesn't pull as hard as the previous one, but is a lot smoother through the gear changes. Managed to get 390km highway cruising with 200kg of bike and gear in the back, and 370km local driving... so a 70km+ better difference.
The car runs alot hotter (gets up to 3/4 before full fan like it should), but I also changed the thermostat at the same time as the memcal, so can't be 100% sure which improved what.

The car still has a rough idle around 450-500rpm when in Drive (neutral is fine), and I still think that it's drinking a bit more fuel than it should. I have read that a dirty MAF could cause it, so will clean with electical contact cleaner tomorrow, and will also try and swap the K&N filter with a stock one in the next week as well.

Anyone got any other ideas, or might even know what the previous memcal was in the previous post (picture of a bundy bear on it)?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the memcal could be anything i have seen one before with that sticker post it over to me and ill check it out if you want and can soon sort out a good tune to put on it :D

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You haven't over oiled the K & N filter by any chance? - this can cause problems with everything between the airfilter and the engine.

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
Thanks mate, but just happy to try and identify the root cause of my issue before I worry about anything else.

the memcal could be anything i have seen one before with that sticker post it over to me and ill check it out if you want and can soon sort out a good tune to put on it :D

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
You haven't over oiled the K & N filter by any chance? - this can cause problems with everything between the airfilter and the engine.

I don't think I put too much oil on it. I actually washed it really good and had nothing on it at one point and still did the same thing after I oiled it. I'll replace with a stocky when I get a chance anyway and see if there is any difference.

- I've also just found out about efi live which looks like it may be useful to help diagnose my issue. So i'll start reading more on this.

Thanks for the replys guys

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
Cleaned the MAF and replaced filter with stock one, no difference.
So I ran EFILIVE which came back with some high values, but not sure what they are from. This also shows the rpm (600rpm) not getting as low as I thought (400rpm on car dash), but still runs rough in drive not nutral. Maybe someone here might know about the below values?

VOLTREF (Reference Voltage) = 5V (has a max threshold of 3V in efilive)
PROMID (Eprom ID) = 1648 raw (has a max threshold of 255 in efilive)

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
can you post a log up?

PromID is your Eprom Chip ID