Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowered ute too low for work

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
air bag it then you can the best of both worlds for work and play

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
You sir, are a dumbass. Removing your springs would have the same effect.

that wasn't very nice :supersad:

i'll have you know that the previous owner put the springs in without changing (or dodgying up) the rear bumpstops, and i am sourcing some shortened ones to try and get some useable suspension travel in the rear.

and if i was to take the springs out, it wouldn't have the same effect at all as my problemmed suspension at the moment, as less force would be needed to compress the bumpstops as there would be no other suspension components to take the load (springs).

to the OP, lows would be as low as i would go if i was using my ute for work, i would nearly contemplate going to standard height, maybe even with a stiffer spring rate depending on the weight that you are carrying regularly.

shifty6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 5spd

hobo123

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0 ute
thanks heaps for the replies people and btw i think it has ultra lows atm

hobo123

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0 ute
you cant even put a finger through the rear guard it goes over the tyre

hobo123

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0 ute
yep ill pop em on when i get home on the net from my mobile haha. How do i upload them? I know f.a about computers

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Whack some pump up bags in the springs & pump them up when your utes loaded mate!

Something similar to this,
138_90z+ford_mustang+spring_airbag.jpg

Cheers
MaT

VP Pursuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S2 BT1 5L / VS V6 Exec
Mate, my borther inlaw has a VP wagon on SSL's. He had pedders fit up some stiff springs and super duty shock as he tows a boat and more often then not has a large tool box in the boot.

Obviusly you are going to be going out and grabbing some new springs, just get a set with a stiff spring rate....the only downside to that is that being a ute as soon as you remove all the weight from over the diff you may find it will become a little more tail happy.

Vy Vq also had stiff SSSL's in to to handle the weight of the DJ equipment. Best thing to do is go visit a suspension shop tell them the look you are wanting and the loads you are carrying and they can provide you the parts you need.

djjase

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
You should see all the show ponies and real utes that turn up at Deniliquin Ute Muster