Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering a VY s-pack sedan

VY Woodsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s-pack 3.8L
sorry man i meant wat shocks you using?***

Batees

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy s commodore
stock ones atm seem to be fine for now. might put some new ones in the future.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
I just want a few ideas of what other ppl have done and what heights are legal...

the easy way to test the legal height of any car to pass a roadworthy is to get a 375ML can of softdrink, stand it upright and the can should be able to fit everywhere around and under the car, if it cant fit then its too low and the cops will most likely get ya lol..

NVN07

Latress on the menjay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spack Sedan
I just got a set of SL Kings for my S but am yet to put them on. The reason i only went super is cause i have 20's and i had to get the gaurds rolled before i even thought of lowering so i just want to check that the wheels fit still and that i don't have to get my guards 'pumped' or whatever you wana call it. Should have it done this week so ill post some pics and let you know how it wen't. I'm pretty sure if i could fit 20's in you shouldn't have any trouble with 19's or 18's.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Just check the height of your car and then see where you want it to sit and get some springs made to the height you want.
I have a 03 VY's' and went 30mm lower, looks good at the front but the back could have gone a bit lower but i tow a boat so didnt want it any lower.

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
19's are probably a better idea than 18's, i have 18's on my VY-S pack and personally ide like them to be bigger but dont have the cash,

I say exactly the same thing about my 19's wishing they were 20s lol..

To the OP, when it comes to lowering.. it's simple. Pick a height you want. Measure it up and tell your local suspension shop. Any more than an inch lower and i'd change the shocks too.

Although if i can make a suggestion, Get your rims first.. No point lowering your car an inch if you change your mind and decide to get 20s or something..

VY Woodsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s-pack 3.8L
yeah true...cheers for the suggestions guys

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
spend a bit more money and get adjustable coilovers...worth it! u can get adjustable shocks and coil platform for the rear too so its adjustable all round but for front and rear from pedders its bout $1800......if u wanna go low get pedders grey springs....way lower than king springs and still rides nice.....to be honnest my vt is about 25mm below legal height (adjustable coil-over front pedders grey springs rear) and i dont even have the lowest springs pedders offer...

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
ohh and a 375ml soft drink can is way over the 100mm legal height i think they are more like 150mm tall...a standard ve wouldnt drive over that

mug1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman V8
the s pak is already on fe2 standard why do you want it any lower