Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG Conversion Pricing

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Before you say "FFS SEARCH", I have and there isnt exactly what I'm looking for.

Wanting to get an LPG conversion, just want some prices people have paid and prices anyone has been quoted to do it. I realise prices will vary. I got one quote last week for $3700, thought it was a bit on the pricey side? But yeah any feedback would be great. (Am also aware the rebate is still $1750)
Thanks guys:beer chug:

Its a 6cyl, 1996 VS Sedan.

Ron41

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commadore V6
I had mine done about 2 years ago, it was $ 2,350 with a set of new plugs & high performance leads, it was a second hand tank though, goes real well on gas.

VSV6

I wanna hear that boom
Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Commodore
Depends if your going for the "normal type" or the injectors mate..

Mine cost $99, after the $2000 rebate, that was 7 months back.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Thanks guys, I dont really know much about it, whats the difference between "Normal" and injectors?

Injected is win, mixer (normal) is fail.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Whats the price difference between mixer and injected?

A grand or higher, last time I checked. If your going to go mixer then dont bother, they are much more trouble than they are worth.

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
A grand or higher, last time I checked. If your going to go mixer then dont bother, they are much more trouble than they are worth.

ive had my mixer for about 18months now, havent had any big issues with it. cost me $600 (got 2k rebate), and it costs me less to fillup. the power difference is the big thing i reckon, injected systems have either no or little power loss from what ive researched, but mixer is still good. gotta have leads and plugs in good order.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS

care to elaborate on the 'trouble' that makes them not worth a $1000+ saving over vapour injection? my dads car has a mixer. my previous car had a mixer. my current car has a ring. they are FINE and there is nothing wrong with them. they produce a little less power but you're not driving a race car so it really doesn't matter. for $1000, there are better ways to get those couple of rwkws back. don't tell me they backfire either, because they don't if you keep your ignition in top condition (which you should be doing anyway) and get the gas serviced every now and then.

yes, vapour is better. is it worth $1000 more? no. not on these cars.

my conversion cost $2500 before the rebate. for $3700, i'd be expecting vapour injection. no way i'd pay that for a mixer setup.

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
care to elaborate on the 'trouble' that makes them not worth a $1000+ saving over vapour injection? my dads car has a mixer. my previous car had a mixer. my current car has a mixer. they are FINE and there is nothing wrong with them. they produce a little less power but you're not driving a race car so it really doesn't matter. for $1000, there are better ways to get those couple of rwkws back. don't tell me they backfire either, because they don't if you keep your ignition in top condition (which you should be doing anyway) and get the gas serviced every now and then.

my conversion cost $2500 before the rebate. for $3700, i'd be expecting vapour injection. no way i'd pay that for a mixer setup.
Ahh cool, now I know a bit more about it I can ask what is included for the quotes.. Thanks alot guys :)